Keith Budurka
Benco Dental Company
Seems to be a bug.

We are running build 14.41.1108.0
We run Lotus Domino for email.
Our Shoreware server is not in DMZ
Our Shoreware server relays emails off Domino mail server
The Domino mail server is set in SITES | HQ | SMTP Relay properly

Issue. If I leave a voicemail for someone who has their email address setup to receive notifications and that person is on our internal DOMINO email domain, they get theirs email perfectly. (i.e. kbudurka@benco.com, I get my email, the WAV file, everything).

If I set my email address as external, i.e. kbudurka@gmail.com, the email never comes through. Eventually it shows up to our return address as a "Delivery Failure".

We contacted IBM Support, after nearly 2 hours of troubleshooting we confirmed that mail to @benco.com hits our mail relay fine - mail to anything !@benco.com never seems to hit the mail relay box.

IBM felt a call to ShoreTel support with our findings was the next step.

If more info would make this situation more understandable, please let me know. I think being on Domino and not Exchange this might be one of the bugs that doesn't get reported because it affects so small amount of people.

Appreciate any feedback!
Thanks!
June 02, 2010 7:42 PM PDT
Keith Budurka
Benco Dental Company
**SOLVED** I kept searching in the KB and finally found my answer:
http://support.shoretel.com/kb/view.do?kcId=KB12674&sliceId=1 I
had to set up a SMART HOST in IIS SMTP. Sorry for the post, but
perhaps it will save someone in the future some troubleshooting.
June 07, 2010 2:43 PM PDT
Ian Miley
Sonoran Integrations
Sorry I did not see this message until now Keith but thank you for posting your resolution. Sometimes the server doesn't pull the appropriate smart host information so one needs to be manually setup. Glad you found your answer.
June 09, 2010 10:14 AM PDT
Brian Lynch
ShoreTel
Thanks Keith for posting your resolution -- sorry i missed this too
... i was out on a little R&R

Reply to Post

To reply to this post please Sign In