More than 4 Ringtones!

August 23, 2010 9:25 AM PDT
Steve Braaten
Videx Inc
Just got done with our installation and one of the major user compaints is lack of ringtones. We found the Shoretel hack to add more (Ringtone 4 with .WAV files loaded to FTP) but this solution is not elegant nor preferred. We'd like to see an approach to ringtones where there are at least 60 professional ringtones to choose from and they are user selectable. 4 ringtones do not really work in a call center unless everyone is looking at their phone. On all phones, even those outside of the call center, you can hear the same ringtone all over the building. Hard to discern who a call is for unless within visual distance to verify. -Steve
August 23, 2010 5:45 PM PDT
Alan Hanley
Aria Communications Pty Ltd.
Hi Steve,
I have a web based solution that I wrote for the ShoreTel that allows the administrator to upload ringtones and backgrounds to the server then all the user has to do is enter their MAC, select the phone they have and choose what ringtones they want from a drop-down menu.
If you want I can send you some screenshots if you are interested.
August 23, 2010 6:41 PM PDT
Brian Lynch
ShoreTel
Hi Steve,

Thanks for you suggestion, i will look into this and see what we can provide.

Alan, thanks for your reply i would also be interested in what you have done, maybe we can add this to our KB,, forumsadmin@shoretel.com

Thanks,,
Brian
August 23, 2010 6:53 PM PDT
Alan Hanley
Aria Communications Pty Ltd.
Hi Brian,
Screenshots are on your way.
August 23, 2010 7:51 PM PDT
Steve Braaten
Videx Inc
Alan,

I'd be interested in some screenshots too. Please forward and give me specifics on what you are charging.
August 23, 2010 7:53 PM PDT
Steve Braaten
Videx Inc
Brian,

I have so far talked with a Shoretel Engineer and two of the region managers about this issue. So far the response has been positive. We were stunned post install when we found out it only had 4 ringtones, it seemed so basic to have so many more. Please push for this Brian if you can, I thinks invaluable to your customers.
August 24, 2010 1:17 PM PDT
Greg Gallaway
Access Telcom Inc
^What he said ;-) I would love to see more functional ringtone options.
August 25, 2010 3:44 PM PDT
Ian Miley
Sonoran Integrations
I'm also interested in seeing some more functional ring tones. I really think a more elegant manner of setting up the custom tones needs to be added in a future release, as in ability to upload the file using ShoreTel Director. I would be interested in seeing Alan's screen shots as an alternative however.
August 26, 2010 4:39 PM PDT
Brian Lynch
ShoreTel
I have forwarded all your feedback to our Product Manager..

Thanks everyone for posting!!!
June 03, 2011 3:09 PM PDT
Rick Burson
Umpqua Community College
Alan I would appreciate any information on the program you wrote. It would be nice for my users to set their own ringtones.
June 24, 2011 6:57 AM PDT
Stephon McQueen
The McLane Company
Alan Hanley,

You mentioned a ringtone script you had created. Could you send me a copy of those instructions.

To:stephon.mcqueen@mclaneco.com
December 06, 2011 8:06 AM PST
Dan Menke
Dynamic Computer Solutions of Topeka Inc
I would also be interested in the script. could you also send me a copy of those instructions?

danm@dcstopeka.com
December 29, 2011 5:57 AM PST
Ron Coleman
Unified Technologies
Alan, may I have a copy of the script? Thanks

rcoleman@unified-team.com
March 17, 2014 9:52 AM PDT
Michael Martin
Carex Health Brands
May I have a copy? Michael.martin@carex.com
March 21, 2014 9:26 AM PDT
Diane DeLaura
CenturyLink Inc
this is a nice option for our customer's. Could I trouble you for a copy of the script? Thank you.

Reply to Post

To reply to this post please Sign In