Blocking malicious callers with personal call handling rules

August 24, 2010 9:27 AM PDT
Chris Watson
Layer 3 Communications LLC
Is it possible to block a caller who has their Caller ID blocked or at least send them to an alternate destination? We have some users who have individuals harrassing them at work.
August 25, 2010 6:12 AM PDT
Edna Cook
Communications Resources Incorporated aka CRI
This can be done with Personalized Call Handling. Users can create "Rules" that will route calls based on several conditions (i.e., phone number match, time of day, call handling mode). I have a rule set up that forwards any call that is "Caller ID Blocked" or "Out of area/Unknown" straight to my voice mailbox. You can also send the caller to an auto attendant, another number, etc. However, users have to have Professional Call Manager or above to use this feature.
October 15, 2010 10:53 AM PDT
user-AMCINNES@TNSTELECOM.COM

I have a similar situation with a customer who has a VM only extension with no call manager on a computer. is there anywhere you can go through the director to set up the call forwards for specific numbers?
November 11, 2010 9:53 AM PST
Jay Tippens
Marketing By Innovation
Where should the "Caller ID Blocked" option be located, under Phone number match?

I'm running version 9.2 and have Phone Number Match Types of [Specific Number, Every Internal Number, Any Internal extension starting with, Every external number, Any external number starting with, Off system extension, Private, and Out of area / Unknown].

Forum post http://forums.shoretel.com/forum/viewthread.do?postId=Post-298281#Post-298304 suggests this is possible with 9.1. I'd assume this would also be possible with version 9.2. Am I missing something obvious?

Has "Caller ID Blocked" been replaced with "Private"?
November 11, 2010 11:47 AM PST
Edna Cook
Communications Resources Incorporated aka CRI
I would configure both "out of area/unknown" and "private". I have mine set to go to an auto attendant that hangs up.

Reply to Post

To reply to this post please Sign In