Instant Message a Group

March 11, 2011 5:40 AM PST
Troy Kuskie
The RMH Group Inc
There has been a need a few times to send out an IM to a "Group" of users; a sort of fast blast... like a note to your facilities group that there is a leaking restroom or to the group of starving artist that there is left over bagels in the break room!
March 11, 2011 2:41 PM PST
Brian Lynch
ShoreTel
Thank you Troy for all your feedback ... i notified our PM of your posts...
September 09, 2011 9:15 PM PDT
Eric Oakley
Ventas Inc
Please update us on this option. We rely on being able to IM small groups. It can be done in communicator only if you hold CTRL and select each member, but we should be able to right click on the contact group and lauch IM to all available IM users in the group. Huge feature that should be relatively simple to implement.
September 13, 2011 12:25 PM PDT
Brian Lynch
ShoreTel
Hi Eric,

I would recommend posting you suggestion below, our Product Managers are looking here for feature requests and others will reply with idea..

if you have specific improvement suggestions to the ShoreTel product, please go to http://suggestions.shoretel.com sign up for an account and submit a suggestion. ShoreTel Suggestions is ShoreTel's new portal for product feature requests. Please provide as much detail as possible but remember that ShoreTel Suggestions is an open site like this one and others can see your requests - so don't post anything confidential.

Please use the ShoreTel Suggestions portal for major feature requests - all product issues should still go through TAC and all requests for community help should stay here.
Thanks,
Brian
October 04, 2011 7:38 PM PDT
Marc Kilgore
City & County Credit Union
We've also been looking for the same thing. Staff were irritated at us when they had to start using communicator for instant messaging and lost the ability to create groups and IM them.
December 09, 2011 3:04 PM PST
Deke Kraft
Link Transit Authority
I have several users who would like this feature as well.
December 27, 2012 8:33 AM PST
Terry Overbo
Altru Health Systems
Was wondering if there is an update to this. We recently got an SA100 and would like to do the same. we are on rel 12.3x
February 25, 2013 9:57 AM PST
Doug Dafforn
Keller & Keller
I am also curious about an update on instant messaging a group using the SA-100. Any update on that? Thanks.
September 04, 2013 2:10 PM PDT
Patrick McHenry
Med James Inc
We just switched to the Shoretel phones and my users were upset to lose that feature
I would love to see it added
October 21, 2013 11:24 AM PDT
Derek Rigsby
Black Box - Florida
I got rid of my old IM server and replaced it with the ShoreTel IM in the SA100, so now we are not able to send messages out to all users any more.
January 13, 2014 1:11 PM PST
David Harper
Unity Telecom Corporation
Having the exact same problem as everyone else. Customer forced staff to start using SA-100 and now they have lost this feature. Clearly this is not a new issue so I am assuming either ShoreTel cannot do this or have chose to ignore the request? I will submit an email to suggestions as well.
March 04, 2014 11:49 AM PST
Tom Johnston
Hilltop Technologies LLC
Has anyone found a way to do thisor heard anything from ShoreTel?
March 31, 2014 8:44 AM PDT
Amber Mellott
National Network of Digital Schools
Is this still a valid site? http://suggestions.shoretel.com Or has the url changed?
April 07, 2014 9:07 AM PDT
Rudy Gunther
SKCG Group Parker Group
This does not work either...

On September 09, 2011 9:15 PM PDT Eric Oakley wrote...
"We rely on being able to IM small groups. It can be done in communicator only if you hold CTRL and select each member"

Reply to Post

To reply to this post please Sign In