ShoreTel Conferencing / Outlook Integration

August 19, 2013 12:27 PM PDT
Rick Castello
ITsavvy (formerly B2B Computer Products LLC)
Hello,

I'm troubleshooting a couple PC's that have Microsoft Outlook 2007 installed with ShoreTel Communicator 13.1. Their ability to create a ShoreTel Conference via the Conferencing plug-in has been working just fine up until recently, but everyone else in our office is doing just fine.

I made sure the ability to create a conference was enabled in the ShoreTel Director and that the plug-ins were installed correctly, but the button in the Meeting window of Outlook will not appear. I have already checked for possible conflicting plug-ins, uninstalled / reinstalled ShoreTel Communicator, and performed a repair on Outlook. It appears the CAS Add-in is disabled upon start up of Outlook can will not stay toggled on.

Can anyone think of anything else I may be over looking?
August 21, 2013 5:40 AM PDT
Edna Cook
Communications Resources Incorporated aka CRI
We have a ticket opened with TAC regarding this same issue. I will post a resolution if we get one.
August 26, 2013 6:45 AM PDT
Rick Castello
ITsavvy (formerly B2B Computer Products LLC)
Sounds good. I look forward to seeing your reply!
September 02, 2013 10:22 PM PDT
Brendan Hyde
APC Logistics PTY LTD
We are having the same issue here. Works fine with Outlook 2010, but in Outlook 2007, the conference button just won't display
September 03, 2013 5:06 AM PDT
Edna Cook
Communications Resources Incorporated aka CRI
Here is what TAC had us do: "ShoreTel CAS Connection Add-in" will
move to the "Disabled Application Add-ins" after being installed /
enabled Scenario User has Communicator 12.x or 13.x installed on a
client system. They install all the Outlook integration add-ins,
but none of the integration features work. After checking the
Outlook add-ins you see that the "ShoreTel CAS Connection Add-in"
is lised under the "Disabled Application Add-ins" section.
Re-enabling the add-in throws no errors, but when the Outlook
add-ins are checked again, the "ShoreTel CAS Connection Add-in" is
listed under the "Disabled Application Add-ins" again. Symptoms
Outlook integration add-ins will not fuction, or will not fully
function, on a client system even though all pre-requsites are
installed and they are running validated / supported versions of
Communicator & Outlook Cause This can be caused by 2 main
reasons: 1.The Microsoft Office Suite Microsoft Uploader is
starting which can cause a conflcit withour add-ins 2.SharePoint
plugins can cause a conflict with our add-ins Workaround First,
disable the Microsoft Uploader by changing the name of
"myosync.exe" to "myosync.old". Second, search for the registry key
of:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OfficeSyncProcess
and delete it if it is present. If the issue persists then remove
all of the SharePoint add-ins from the Outlook add-ins control
panel and restart Outlook.
October 15, 2013 7:32 AM PDT
Emma Longford
Intercept Ltd
Hello - we are having similar issue following upgrade to v14 with Outlook 2010/2013. Same checklist as Rick above but the CAS Add-in IS enabled, the meeting button just wont show (although it did previously) - has anyone else experienced this?
October 15, 2013 11:27 AM PDT
Anthony Jones
Premiere Communications and Consulting
What i did to fix my issue was to open outlook and go to file>options>add-ins. At the very bottom where you see COM add-inc select the drop-down and highlight disabled items and click go. Select any shoretel add-ins in the list and click enable and close then go to COM add-ins and make sure there is a check beside all of the shoretel Add-ins and click OK and exit out. Restart outlook and for me the add ins started working again and have been ever since then. Hope this helps

Anthony
October 15, 2013 1:02 PM PDT
Emma Longford
Intercept Ltd
Thanks Anthony - tried this - all add ins are enabled so I cant see what the issue is - with saying that I also cant see the conferencing in communicator so perhaps its that side, cant see how though as all settings are the same as before. Will keep trying!
October 22, 2013 11:12 PM PDT
Gianpiero Porchia
Advanced Telecom Systems SPA
Hi,

we are experiencing the same problem. Communicator is unable to open up a conference, and then also the Outlook plugin can't. The weird thing is that everything on the server side is working: we can access the webconference and audioconference, but no configuration options and no icons are shown on the Communicator.
October 23, 2013 7:37 AM PDT
Kevin Dines
Sustain Ltd
We've had something very similar to Emma's experience here too - the CHM Add-In works fine, but the Conferencing one doesn't appear, despite being installed, enabled and ticked in Outlook Add-Ins. This happens on fresh installs of Communicator 13.3 for both Win 7/8 and Outlook 2007/2013 clients, but weirdly enough by uninstalling 13.3, installing 12.3 and configuring the Add-in, then upgrading again to 13.3, the Conferencing buttons are still present in Outlook.

It's a time-consuming work around, but the upgrade-rather-than-fresh-install bodge at least gets it working. We're on build 18.61.6001.0 FWIW.
October 23, 2013 7:49 AM PDT
Emma Longford
Intercept Ltd
OK - we resolved the issue via checking on the following:

-- Make sure that 'Allow Collaboration Features' under class of service is checked
-- Check Conferencing Add-In is installed for outlook
-- Check VSTO Runtime 3.0 and above install under control panel
-- Check if there is iCloud Add-In is installed which may causing the issue

also the engineers found that under system extensions, in the ShoreTel conference additional calling information, make sure you have all the text in one bunch and there are no words separated by the enter bar (this is a known bug one of our engineers have open at the moment). Commas and spaces are fine, but returns will make it crash. It is currently awaiting patch release.

Hope this helps!
November 11, 2013 8:15 AM PST
Jay Enebo
Girl Scouts - Dakota Horizons
Hello,
I am currently having this issue as well, but only on few users. What I found out is that the users who were having issues were running 32-bit Windows. Any user that was running 64-bit Windows could get the integration to work. I have MS Office 2013 deployed to all users in 32-bit platform, so its not an issue with the Office platform, but Windows.

Jay

Reply to Post

To reply to this post please Sign In