DTMF not working from SIP extension (Xlite)

January 21, 2010 9:11 AM PST
Marcin Kisiala
Mapesbury Communications Ltd. (dba MCOM)
Hello, I am wondering is anybody has came across problem with DTMF generating by third party SIP soft clients. I am using Xlite and I am able to make and receive calls; however when I call Auto Attendant and press pre-configured button (1) I do not get transferred to another extension (this scenario works OK from ShoreTel phone). AA stops playing the message and I am getting silence. When running Wireshark on ShoreTel server I can see error message: "Payload type=Unknown (102)". I tried with ShoreTel recommended DTMF RFC 2833 payload 102 but Shoretel ignores DTMF digits anyway. I had remote session with ShoreTel support but 1 line support could not identify the problem and they were unable to escalate it further as Xlite has not been certified with ShoreTel.
Any tips would be helpful.

Marcin
January 21, 2010 9:52 AM PST
Daniel Cheramie
Palitto Consulting Services, Inc.
All DTMF works for me using RFC 2833 and the Twinkle softphone under Linux. Perhaps if you capture traffic with Wireshark, you may see something that will reveal the problem.

Twinkle sends 4 packets as shown, but with varying event duration: 160, 320, 480, 640

http://yfrog.com/jdscreenshot6hp

Reply to Post

To reply to this post please Sign In