SHORETEL IS NOW PART OF MITEL. See how powering connections in the cloud is now brilliantly simple.

PBX Registration Rejected

Oct 28, 2015 12:36 PM PDT
Tristan Langstaff
Sebastian
Hello, Hoping someone here can give me a few ideas. Let me explain what we have going on first.

I've created a brand new user with very basic options in ShoreTel Director. Enabled the enhanced mobility extension since this user has both desk phone and SMC client. When creating the user account on the SMR, we enter the required info in the General Tab. ON the Line tab we enter the enterprise extension of the enhanced mobility ext. Under PBX-Side security we enter the 'Client Username' from the enhanced mobility users profile in Director, then input the SIP password. Right after that I check the Monitor dashboard and the user I created says under PBX Registration Status, rejected. I've tried deleteing the enhanced mobility user ext, deleteing the user profile on the SMR, resetting the SIP password on the main user account in director and recreating the enhanced mobility ext but still get a rejected message. If I enter the credentials of the main account the client gets registered to the PBX.
Oct 29, 2015 08:56 AM PDT
Sushant Shirodkar
Packet Fusion Inc
few things to check:

1.The client name of enhanced mob user is case sensitive. 2.if it says rejected the first time , I usually disable/enable the user in SMR . that kicks in the registration. 3. The site where the SIP user is registering should have space for a telephony resource.
Oct 29, 2015 03:43 PM PDT
Tristan Langstaff
Sebastian
Thanks Sushant! I did try your suggestions again today but to no avail. The third suggestion however lead me to our dedicated SIP PBX and for whatever reason adding SIP Trunk and SIP Proxy resources on just the "Built-in Capacity" section fixed the rejection issue. Odd because we allocated the same SIP resources via the ports of the SG90 originally but for whatever reason we couldn't register.
Oct 29, 2015 03:46 PM PDT
Tristan Langstaff
Sebastian
Now that we have that working, I am able to register the Enhanced Mobility extension and calls are flowing to the SMC. But when a call is placed to an enhanced mobility user, the call now rings on the SMC and the Deskphone, but once answered on the SMC the audio only flows one way, from the SMC to the desk phone, not the other way around. I hear some odd electronic tones.
Oct 29, 2015 10:05 PM PDT
Sushant Shirodkar
Packet Fusion Inc
im assuming that you have "allowed" microphone access on your phone to the shoretel APP.

there is a known issue with G729 codec selection that is causing one-way.

under configuration/mobility de-select the G729 codec from all 3 (enterprise/home /cellular voice)
Oct 30, 2015 08:41 AM PDT
Tristan Langstaff
Sebastian
Thanks Sushant, that was it! So glad this system is working now! Thanks again for the help on both issues.

To reply to this post please Sign In