SHORETEL IS NOW PART OF MITEL. See how powering connections in the cloud is now brilliantly simple.

SIP Gate phone / Door entry panel

Mar 24, 2016 08:48 AM PDT
Steve Molony
Solar Communications Ltd
I've been looking for a suitable product to use with ShoreTel but when the requirement has been to call through to a WG or HG a working solution has yet to be found. Due to a lack of support for the replaces header those panels tested to date produce erratic behaviour when calling multiple extensions with multiple lines opened on the endpoint that answers. A BCA has been suggested, which can improve matters, but in this case it's not suitable.

Does anyone have experience with SIP panels that work natively with WGs and HGs?
Mar 31, 2016 04:03 PM PDT
Ari Piotrkowski
City of Santa Rosa
I have been searching for a solution as well. I'd love to know if you find anything. Right now I have to workaround the issue by having door phones/intercoms dial the full DID to force the call through the PSTN.
Mar 31, 2016 04:04 PM PDT
Ari Piotrkowski
City of Santa Rosa
By the way I've tested the Cyberdata units with dialing internal BCA extensions and work OK as long as the recipient doesn't transfer, park, or place the caller on hold. It's not acceptable though as the instant any of these things happen it locks up the call.
Jun 16, 2016 08:02 AM PDT
Josh Martin
Converged Technology Professionals Inc
sounds like you sip profiles need some tweaking a bit.

To reply to this post please Sign In