Update Integration Applications Away from Java

Mar 25, 2016 07:21 AM PDT
Bev Coursey
Chesapeake Wiper and Supply
I recently submitted a support request asking if there were plans to update ShoreTel Sky for NetSuite so it doesn't use Java. Most modern browsers are moving away from plugins and toward standard HTML5 controls and technologies. Google Chrome, IE Edge and 32-bit Firefox do not support Java in current versions.

We use Chrome in our company because of it's increased security but with ShoreTel Sky for NetSuite requiring Java support, this creates major headaches (and security issues).

The answer to my support request was "there are no plans to update any of our integration applications". I was told to suggest an improvement here. So here I am. ShoreTel, please update your java-based integrated applications to a current standard.

-- Kent Krueger

Mar 29, 2016 09:03 AM PDT
Kelly Stack
Gregg Communications Systems Inc
This is just a forum for partners / users to discuss issues and questions, I don't believe ShoreTel actually looks at these much. Enhancement requests (as far as I know) can be submitted to suggestions@shoretel.com
Apr 04, 2016 05:00 AM PDT
Ben Lanning
All-Mode Communications Inc
I honestly wish all Java browser apps would go away. We have multiple companies that require us to use their web anywhere VPN clients for remote access, and then complain about the ShoreTel's lack of built in security (14.2), while requiring all vendors to use an insecure Java VPN client...

To reply to this post please Sign In