STMLControl and Windows 10

Aug 08, 2016 03:01 PM PDT
Eriq Jaffe
Incredible Technologies Inc
We have an in-house developed app that intercepts caller id information - since upgrading workstations to Windows 10 we are no longer able to get lines. I'm pretty sure that it's something to do with the STMLControl.dll, but I'm not sure what it might be. The third party integration tools are installed on the affected workstations.

The timestamp on the DLL is October of 2014, which predates Windows 10. Is it a compatibility issue there?
Aug 25, 2016 09:07 AM PDT
Eric Shields
US Money Reserve Inc
We have the same issue. I have a custom in-house c#/.net app that references the STMLControl.dll. The app can make phone calls, log in and out of groups through the ShoreWare toolbar, etc. This has been working for years. Our app users are on Windows 7 computers and the app works fine. However, when I upgraded my development machine to Windows 10, the event handler in the app never gets a line. If I go into Control Panel/Phone and Modem/Advanced, select 'ShoreTel Remote TAPI Service Provider', un-configure it, apply, close, reopen, reconfigure it, the event fires and the app gets a line. This is an extreme burden for testing and is by no means a solution. If there is a compatibility issue, is there an update to STMLControl.dll? Sooner or later our organization will be upgrading everyone to Windows 10.
Nov 04, 2016 10:49 AM PDT
Tod Monroe
STI Computer Services Inc
I have run into the same problem and wondering if there will be a solution. My application uses the STMLControl.dll to make phone calls, and notify of incoming phone calls on a line. Has been working great on Windows XP and Windows 7 computers. Some of my users have upgraded to Windows 10 and my application never gets any lines on their computers. Any updates yet?

To reply to this post please Sign In