Distributed IVR file replication

Aug 16, 2016 03:09 AM PDT
Mike Bonser
Gas Transportation Company
So I have ECC and distributed IVR which works great.. We have dynamic messages that we record and drop into the correct place in the IVR folder. Replication is set to 1 hr. Now these messages are for status updates so need to be played instantly on both the main ecc and from the Distributed IVR. Currently we would have to log into ECC and press the "replicate now" button in the maint section or physically copy the message into the correct place on both the main ECC and the Dist IVR.

Can a button be added to the agent toolbar to execute this "Replicate Now" as I'm not happy allowing users into ECC to go to the maint section
Aug 17, 2016 02:11 PM PDT
Damian Galindo
Global CTI Group
Since you need to ensure replication of the files faster than the configured replication in CC Director. I would suggest setting up a batch file or command on the server it self. This would be a simple xcopy command and scheduled within Windows and allow faster replication of the IVR folders.

I do not think ShoreTel would add that capability to standard agents, especially within the toolbar application. It would be better to add that feature to the ECC Supervisor's GCCS or Diagnostic Console.

If you would like features to be added into ECC send a request to suggestions@shoretel.com.

To reply to this post please Sign In