SHORETEL IS NOW PART OF MITEL. See how powering connections in the cloud is now brilliantly simple.

Recording Operation Failed

Sep 01, 2015 11:56 AM PDT
Joe Valerio
Convergent Solutions Group LLC dba CSG Global
With a 480 phone (that is an ext&mb) , record button built, the proper user group permissions to allowing recording of ones own calls, the record button fails. It says, "Recording Operation Failed" and I cant see a programming reason why, any thoughts?

thank you.
Sep 08, 2015 11:15 AM PDT
Joe Valerio
Convergent Solutions Group LLC dba CSG Global
Anybody?
Sep 08, 2015 01:06 PM PDT
Doug Spooner
Evolve Technologies
If you press the voicemail button is the voicemail available? What version? I just added a record button to a 485 on the latest 14.2 and was able to record.
Dec 03, 2015 12:17 PM PST
Eric Kelsey
IPC Technologies
I am having this same, exact issue with one of my customers. Is there a resolution for this?
Dec 05, 2015 11:03 AM PST
Don Bernstein
Communique Sales Company Inc
IP4xx series phones firmware have been flaky (to be kind) - make sure you upgrade and keep upgrading to the LATEST Builds available of the V14.2. Loads of fixes have been done for the 4xx series phones and before you open a Case I would be on the current build first.
Sep 07, 2017 03:17 PM PDT
Benny Martinez
Packet Fusion Inc
I had the same issue while using SIP trunks and had to create a new SIP profile and enable hairpinning. Once the hairpinning was enabled the Record button began working.

To reply to this post please Sign In