SHORETEL IS NOW PART OF MITEL. See how powering connections in the cloud is now brilliantly simple.

IVR Queue History

Aug 01, 2017 11:40 AM PDT
Brenda Wroblewski
TelephoNET Corporation
How do I determine the most calls I have had in queue at one time?
I can't seem to find it. How do I know if I need to order more licenses?
Aug 01, 2017 02:20 PM PDT
Damian Galindo
Global CTI Group
You can find the total number of IVR ports by referencing the License keys in the Contact Center Director. This is the total number of IVR ports that the system will use.

Verify the IVR ports have been built in the Contact Center Director (ECC) by going to IVR Configuration>RoutePoints>IVR Servers or Ports. The licensed number should match the number of configured IVR ports listed. If not, you will need to build additional ECC IVR ports and ShoreTel Director Route Points to achieve your fully licensed capabilities.

Historical Reporting of IVR Ports:

In ECC create a IVR Group. Name it "ALL IVR Ports". Add all IVR ports to the Selected column. Save the Group. The ECC will now track the status of the IVR ports.

Next, create an ECC IVR Group Report in the ECC Reports application. Click New report and select "18.2 IVR Ports Group by date". Populate the parameters and select the "All IVR Ports" group. Then add the needed columns to the report. Schedule the report to self generate and check back after a few days to view the reports.

Real-Time Reporting:

Using ECC Agent Manager create a new report and select "IVR Ports Report" Add "Unassigned Ports", if you have created an IVR Group select it. You will now see the total, idle, and ACD port numbers in real-time. You can add the additional columns of O-ACD and Error if needed. If looking for detailed state-time for each port use the "IVR Port Group" report.
Aug 02, 2017 09:04 AM PDT
Brenda Wroblewski
TelephoNET Corporation
Thank you for your response. We are trying to determine a way to calculate the number of voice and/or IVR licenses needed. There doesn't seem to be an easy way to determine the quantity.
Aug 08, 2017 01:01 PM PDT
Damian Galindo
Global CTI Group
Each ECC configuration is unique. What I previously described would be a way to see how the current configuration is utilizing the IVR ports.

To estimate the number of IVR ports needed/required you have to take into account the total number inbound paths available and the needed call flow/handling. How many analog, PRI, SIP, paths will end up at the ECC? This may even include internal calls, depending on the implementation of the call center. Do all callers progress through an ECC scripted menu? IVR ports are used when calls are progressing through scripts or being held in queue.

For a call flow that will deliver to Agents directly, I would calculate the total number of inbound call paths minus the number of available agents. Since an IVR port is released when a call delivers to an Agent. This would be a simplified calculation to give an estimated number of IVR ports needed to support the remaining number of call paths that would be held until an agent is available. This does not include the possible use of IVR ports to conduct ECC script logic for menus, agent-less campaigns, self-service scripts, etc...

If the ECC is running out of IVR Ports then calls will be sent to a given destination. This destination can be viewed in ECC Director under System Parameters -> Routing Preferences -> Incomplete Destinations -> IVR tab.

You can make this an extension dedicated to handling calls when no IVR ports are available and then run a CDR report to see if there were any calls directed to it. This extension can be a Route Point to redirect the calls to an answering service or voicemail box, Auto Attendant, Workgroup, Hunt group, etc...

Hope this helps.

To reply to this post please Sign In