How can I download the configuration for an SG90?

Aug 21, 2017 11:58 AM PDT
Joe Brouillette
Link Transit Authority
Hey all, we're in the process of replacing a slowly dying SG90 with a new one. I'm trying to find a way to download the configuration from the current switch and upload it into the new switch but not having much luck. Google hasn't helped and I can't find any posts about this task on this forum. Any ideas, suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe B
Aug 21, 2017 01:39 PM PDT
Damian Galindo
Global CTI Group
The only configuration that can be changed directly is the IP address. All other configuration settings are downloaded by the switch from the ShoreTel Director or controlling Server.

To replace a physical switch, that has a static IP address assigned, I would recommend getting a DB9 serial to USB cable. Connect it to the current switch and write down the IP address configuration.

Power on the new switch and with the serial cable program it the same as the old one. Write down its MAC address. Once the hardware is swapped out go to the ShoreTel Director and update the switch record with the new MAC address. The Director will then connect with the switch and notice it may have a different firmware version. From the ST Director reboot the switch to upgrade the firmware and it will automatically download the configuration.

To reply to this post please Sign In