Workgroup Incoming Call Issues

Aug 22, 2017 06:42 PM PDT
Ralph Loszak
Metropolitan Emergency Medica
When a call comes in through our Workgroup DID number, our agents cannot hear the caller (the caller does hear the agent) unless the agent places the caller on HOLD and then PICKS UP the call. This issue just affects the calls that come in on the Workgroup extension/DID number. The same caller can call the agent directly (agents DID number, not through the WORKGROUP) and the issue is not there. This issue just affects the Workgroup.

Any ideas?
Aug 23, 2017 06:09 AM PDT
Tim Kimball
AmeriNet
Same issue here. SIP trunk using Siperator. Version 14.2 Tried the registry entry to build in delay, still no joy. Please let me know if anyone has fix.
Sep 01, 2017 08:45 AM PDT
Eric Jones
DH Pace
Have you tried increasing the delay? That seemed to work for us.
Sep 08, 2017 06:13 AM PDT
David Beckles
Regional Business Systems
It is a SIP services issue. You'll have to work with the carrier and the siparator to get it resolved. The workaround I've used for this in the past (if my memory is correct) was to send the call to an autoattendant with a 1 second timeout and silence recorded for a prompt, and then a timeout destination of the workgroup or huntgroup.
Sep 08, 2017 06:16 AM PDT
David Beckles
Regional Business Systems
The delay could have an effect on it as well. I remember the issue being that there was not enough time for the ShoreTel system to process something, or there was something missing because it was not sent as yet; so the call did not work correctly when you go to a huntgroup or workgroup directly.

To reply to this post please Sign In