SHORETEL IS NOW PART OF MITEL. See how powering connections in the cloud is now brilliantly simple.

ShoreTel Connect iOS app

Aug 23, 2017 08:17 AM PDT
Ari Piotrkowski
City of Santa Rosa
We are running 14.2 on prem with mobility and I tested out the new Connect iOS app. It goes through the provisioning process but the communicator functions don't work - no visual voicemail and can't change call handling modes. It won't accept my communicator credentials. (we use AD integration) This all works properly in the Mobility app. The KB on the app says it's compatible with ShoreTel 14.2 though. Anyone else having this issue?
Aug 24, 2017 07:55 AM PDT
Carlos Coffey
Communication Planning Corporation
I tried this yesterday after upgrading from 14.2 to the Latest connect build. I am having the same issues.
Sep 08, 2017 06:19 AM PDT
David Beckles
Regional Business Systems
I have it working on my 14.2 system with an iPhone 6 plus. The difference is my system is not integrated with AD.
Sep 11, 2017 12:55 PM PDT
Ari Piotrkowski
City of Santa Rosa
I opened a TAC case on this. The answer was that communicator functionality (in addition to IM) is not supported in the current build of the app. David, are you able to change call handling modes and access voicemail?
Oct 24, 2017 06:55 AM PDT
Chris Fore
Dallas Baptist University
I am having a similar issue as well. I am able to login to the app and authenticate to communicator (through AD), but everytime I close and then re-open the app, the communicator authentication fails. It prompts me to login again.

All of our mobility users AD accounts are getting locked out on a consistent basis because of this.

TAC told me that it is a known flaw for iOS and Android and there should be an update coming out in the next couple of weeks that will fix it.
Nov 03, 2017 02:14 AM PDT
Roy Lim
Dacon Networks Pte Ltd
DO you have Service Appliance(SA)? I understand that there may be a need to have SA for Presence and IM to work. I thought SA is only required for IM but it seems that SA is also required for the Availability states to work.

To reply to this post please Sign In