Auto Attendant

May 10, 2017 08:41 AM PDT
Rob Bowes
South West Communications
I am trying to find a document I have seen reference Auto Attendant failover.

Our customer has AA on the HQ sever and what they are after is that if the HQ fails or the link goes down to the DVS then the DVS will take over AA for the remote site.

I remember seeing a document sometime ago that stated that any AA created on the HQ would be duplicated on the DVS for failover situations

Is this correct ? or am I missing something ?

Thanks

May 10, 2017 07:04 PM PDT
Don Bernstein
Communique Sales Company Inc
I believe that is correct - the AA menus are replicated on all DVS (and V-switches I believe) so if you have entities using these DVS/V-switch and they fail - that they will fail upwards to the HQ server. So if you want redundancy - install a DVS as a secondary server in your HQ network and point all users and devices to this DVS server and have this server fail up to the HQ that could be on a VMware server with enhanced DR on the VMware server itself (ie be able to be moved quickly to a new VMware instance)
May 23, 2017 12:07 PM PDT
David Beckles
Regional Business Systems
You would want that DVS server at the remote site. Not at the HQ location. If the link to HQ goes down, they will also lose their DVS.

Placing the DVS at the remote site and pointing all users and services at that site to it, will achieve what this customer is asking for.
May 23, 2017 12:09 PM PDT
David Beckles
Regional Business Systems
You will also need to "Enable Local Database" on the DVS server.
May 26, 2017 01:00 PM PDT
Carlos Coffey
Communication Planning Corporation
I have the same issue, but the "enable local database" check box is not checkable. It does nothing when I try to check it. Is there something else that needs to be done to make that box active?
Sep 06, 2017 08:37 AM PDT
Carlos Coffey
Communication Planning Corporation
The enable local database was not checkable because we had workgroups on the DVS.

Also, if you have an SBE system, you cannot enable the local database.

To reply to this post please Sign In