SIP Proxy

Jul 19, 2017 06:29 AM PDT
Brad Wood
Continental Resources Inc
Hello,
I am currently working through a re-IP project for all of our 16 Shoretel switches at our corporate office. I am down to the final switch, which is currently set as our SIP proxy. This SIP proxy handles our Polycom conference room phones (roughly 20 phones) throughout the building. Currently we do NOT have a "Virtual IP address" or a "Proxy Switch 2" setup under this site..only a "Proxy Switch 1" is configured. I would like to setup "Proxy Switch 2" so that I can simply move the Polycom conf phones to be handled by the "Proxy Switch 2" so that I can change the IP address of "Proxy Switch 1" (avoiding down time) In trying to add "Proxy Switch 2" I see that I am forced to add a Virtual IP address. What I am curious on, IF I add the Virtual IP address so that I can then add "Proxy Switch 2", once that is saved will it take down my current Polycom conf phones that are using "Proxy Switch 1" as their SIP Proxy? I will not be making ANY changes to "Proxy Switch 1" until after successfully adding the "Virtual IP address" and "Proxy Switch 2". I am trying to avoid taking down all of the Polycom phones at once. We are currently running 14.2 Build 19.47.9000.0.

Thanks!
Jul 19, 2017 02:32 PM PDT
Damian Galindo
Global CTI Group
Adding a virtual IP address should not disrupt direct requests to the currently configured Proxy Switch 1.

The Virtual IP address is shared between the selected proxy switches.

I would recommend the following steps: 1)Configure virtual IP address 2)Add second switch as Proxy Switch 2 3)Modify all Polycoms to use Virtual IP address 4)Remove final switch as proxy switch 1 5)Modify final switch IP address as needed 6)Add final switch as proxy switch 1 7)Remove proxy switch 2 if not needed
Jul 21, 2017 06:41 AM PDT
Brad Wood
Continental Resources Inc
Thanks for your response, Damian! Your steps nailed my thoughts as well. I wanted to get a peer-review of some others so this helps tremendously.

To reply to this post please Sign In