Outlook contacts will not import to the Connect Client

Jan 06, 2017 11:41 AM PST
Ryan Cullison
Access Telcom Inc
Every single user in our office is unable to import Outlook contacts. We are now on the latest connect build. We have Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013, and 2016 represented. Most of the computers use Win 7 Pro. The outlook 2016 user is using Win 10 and is not part of the domain. Not a single user is able to import Outlook contacts. For some users the outlook add-ins are active, for other they are not. In neither case will contacts import to the connect client.

I am on Outlook 2007 and completely unable to get mine to activate. I've tried running Outlook as an admin, in safe mode, as admin in safe mode, and the add-ins will only activate in safe mode, but always go back to inactive after starting outlook normally. I've also disabled all other add-ins to eliminate the possibility of an add-in conflict. I've erased my user profile and reinstalled the connect client. I haven't tried reinstalling outlook yet as this is a problem for every single user on every single version of Outlook.

I feel like there must be some basic permission check box that we're overlooking since it won't work on any outlook version or Connect build for us. Ideas? Thank you.
Feb 05, 2017 10:42 PM PST
Nitin Manoj
ShoreTel
Hi,

Importing contacts into the ShoreTel Connect desktop application is automatic and only requires enabling the option (Settings>Outlook>Sync my Outlook contacts). Local contacts are then displayed each time a search is performed.

Please check the below document for screenshots on how to importing contacts into ShoreTel Connect:
http://support.shoretel.com/kb/view.php?t=Importing-Contacts-into-ShoreTel-Connect

Support for the Microsoft Office products depends on the version of the ShoreTel Connect you have installed. Following are the Microsoft Office products that are compatible with ShoreTel Connect (ONSITE Version 21.80.7833.0):
•             Office 2010 (32-bit version) on Windows
•             Office 2010 (64-bit version) on Windows
•             Office 2013 (32-bit version) on Windows
•             Office 2013 (64-bit version) on Windows
•             Office 2016 (32-bit version) on Windows, and Apple OS X
•             Office 2016 (64-bit version) on Windows, and Apple OS X
•             Office 2011 on Apple OS X
•             Office 365 (hosted Exchange) or Exchange 2013 (local Exchange)
o             Hosted Exchange 2016
o             Premise Exchange 2013 with Outlook 2016
For more information on compatibility, please refer the following build notes:
https://support.shoretel.com/kb/viewAttachment.php?id=kA31A000000H4z3SAC&a=Attachment_1

If you are still experiencing issues with syncing contacts, please feel free to create a support case, our TAC will be happy to assist you.

Thanks!
Feb 07, 2017 03:29 PM PST
Jeff Piper
Prairie Spirit School Division
We are having the same issue. I was able to get it working for one user, but not others. All on Win10 and using local profiles, however the user it is working for does have less group policy and other file permission restrictions. So i'm suspecting it is conflict with a restriction/permission setting.
Jun 07, 2017 06:21 PM PDT
Adrian Hasnas
Innovative Technologies Co Ltd
hi guys, I have same issue on latest shoreware director 21.82.2128.0 with connect client version 213.100.2159; I escalated to TAC but no reply there. I am not sure if is a shoretel bug. on earlier versions it worked well, after I upgraded to latest, this is not working anymore. anyone have same experience?
Jun 08, 2017 12:20 PM PDT
Mike Marcoccio
Barry Communications
Adrian, I had this happen recently at a customer site with the version you stated. I had the user exit out of outlook. I had the user exit out of the connect client. I then had the user launch the connect client and log in. Once logged in, I had him launch outlook. His contacts had imported. He initially had outlook running before he launched the connect client. It appears the connect client should be logged in and running prior to launching outlook
Jun 09, 2017 05:15 AM PDT
Scott Reinert
Global Business Solutions Inc
I had this just happen to a system as well. I had the majority of clients importing contacts, but handful that did not. Verified addins were active and no issues. Closed outlook and the connect client and verified both processes had stopped, then reopened and imports all started working. My next step would have been to uninstall the connect client, reboot and reinstall with nothing open just to make certain another application wasn't conflicting with the install. Good Luck!

To reply to this post please Sign In