SHORETEL IS NOW PART OF MITEL. See how powering connections in the cloud is now brilliantly simple.

Lag after workgroup queue message ends

Mar 01, 2017 12:59 PM PST
Don Atzberger
Area Temps (aka Area Networks)
Hello All:
We have a set of workgroups that all use the same recording in the queue. The queues are fairly simple, we skip all but the last step, set the queue timeout to "0" and then, when the queue message completes, Overflow/Interflow to an auto-attendant that plays another short message, then transfers to another extension.

We've noticed that when the queue message completes, the phones still ring for about 15 seconds, during which the caller hears nothing but silence.

We'd like to eliminate this 15 seconds of silence. Anyone know how to accomplish this?

Thanks.
Mar 08, 2017 11:04 PM PST
Leo Farnsworth
Comworx Inc
Can you place a test call and upload the TMSNCC logging results for that calls GUID? I would like to see it in the logging.

Also, there is not a loop in the programming where it is going back to the original workgroup after being interflowed/overflowed out to the AA right?

Also, how are your parameters set for routing the call for No Answer/Busy, and how many rings till forward?
Apr 12, 2017 12:30 PM PDT
Don Atzberger
Sorry, was pulled off on another project and just getting back to this.

There are no loops in the programming - the call goes to the AA which does a 10-digit transfer to a voicemail box. We do the 10-digit transfer to make sure that the voicemail call is recorded in the call database.

I looked at the TMSNCC and, unless I'm seeing this incorrectly, there are 3 GUIDs that are associated with the test call - one for the original, and one for each of the two extensions in the agent list. The timing of the TMSNCC logging shows that the call transferred to the AA about 10 seconds after when the recording would have ended, but there was no log event that marked the end of the recording, so that's an approximate value.

How would one attach the TMSNCC log entries here? Is such a long post permissible?

Thanks.
Apr 12, 2017 11:44 PM PDT
Roy Lim
Dacon Networks Pte Ltd
When the AA is playing the message before the transfer to extension, do caller have to press anything before the calls transfer? If not, my guess would be the time-out time is too long at the AA. Set the timeout to a shorter time.
Apr 20, 2017 06:39 AM PDT
Don Atzberger
Thanks - Timeout is 2 seconds. That was the first thing we looked at.
Apr 21, 2017 07:40 AM PDT
Don Atzberger
The caller does not have to press anything. They have the option of pressing 0 to leave a voicemail immediately.

To reply to this post please Sign In