930D Base Station won't pull an IP Address

Apr 05, 2017 01:19 PM PDT
Daniel Hutzel
Milacron - Corporate - HQ
I am having issues with getting base stations working at one my sites. I have setup at least of dozen of these at different sites without any issues.

All my port configuration is the same. If I plug a ShoreTel phone into the same port it will boot up to the extension. That tells me the port is working and configured correctly. I have even gave the phone the static IP Address I had for the base station at one time which worked.

I shipped the base stations to my site plugged them in and worked right away after I configured for my subnet. Shipped the base stations back to the site had them plug it in and hasn't worked since.

I have reset the base station and reconfigured the setup. Still doesn't show an IP Address on my switch or router. The switch will show the mac address of the base for the port it is plugged into. I even reconfigured to share the IP Address with the dect phone which didn't work.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
Apr 11, 2017 09:09 PM PDT
Michael MacKenzie
Standard Office Systems
Sounds like it might be a VLAN issue. Have you tried a packet capture (or packet mirror) on the switch as the device is booting to see what/where it is communicating? (I normally statically assign my 930s because they are so fussy)
Apr 20, 2017 08:29 AM PDT
Daniel Hutzel
Milacron - Corporate - HQ
Yes I have tried port mirror. I provided them to support but were no help. Just said networking issue. Have VLANs setup like other sites. If I plug a shoretel phone in it pulls the data VLAN and then switches to voice VLAN. Do you share the IP address of the base with the handset to statically assign it? Only other way I know to statically assign the IP is through the web gui which I can't get to since it is not getting an IP.

To reply to this post please Sign In