Valcom V2001-A with Connect

Apr 29, 2016 06:09 AM PDT
Michael Taylor
Advanced Cyber Promotions Inc (aka ACP Technologies)
Anyone have any experience with getting this to work. I have the Valcom V2001-A connected with the PA-1 adapter on a ST-100DA switch and even though it works, it does not work very well. Some speakers are fine, while others are garbled and some are so low it is impossible to hear. Old system was a Nortel Meridian connected via a page port and it worked fine. I'm wondering if I should try with an FXO port.
Dec 12, 2016 02:28 PM PST
Jonathan Anderegg
IPC Technologies
Michael, what was your final solution on this post?
Dec 15, 2016 12:13 PM PST
Phillip Nelson
Millennia Technologies
It should work. Only 20 speakers Max. Make sure Switch 1 on the 2001 is in the off (down) position. Side note: If you are using a Zone unit 2003 etc. It MUST be a trunk port. see instructions below...

Use Director in Support Mode, accessed by pressing Ctrl-Shift and clicking on User Name before logging in. Set up a dedicated loop start trunk group (let's call it Paging). The access code doesn't matter (it might as well be 9), since it won't be added to any user group. Assign the Class Connect box an extension. e.g.199, and add that as an Off System Extension (199-199) in the Paging trunk group. Add the string ;1G;1I (capital letter i) to the custom plan string of the Paging trunk group. The first three characters say to wait 1 second after going off hook and presume a connection even if dials tone is not heard, the second three characters say not to outpulse the off system extension (e.g. 199) after the trunk is seized. Add trunks in the Paging trunk group that are to be connected to the Class Connect box. To use this setup, dial 199, wait 1 second and hear the Class Connect box's dial tone then press the DTMF to access the feature you want.
Jun 29, 2017 10:42 AM PDT
Keith Bernam
Black Box - Norstan Communications
this link may help. it uses a Valcom 9970 off of an analog port to the v2001.

http://www.valcom.com/techsupport/cad_drawings/V-9970_V-2001A.pdf

To reply to this post please Sign In