SHORETEL IS NOW PART OF MITEL. See how powering connections in the cloud is now brilliantly simple.

Auto off-hook with Plantronics CS70N + RD-1 (Ring Detector)

Apr 16, 2012 10:31 PM PDT
Scott Nguyen
LC Networks Inc
Does anyone have experience using a Plantronics headset RD-1 adapter?

I have followed the instructions here with no success: http://www.comfortcanada.com/Plantronics/ehs_rd-1.htm

The ring detector function works fine, but I am mostly concerned with the auto-off hook.

Right now, I have my IP230 handset connected to the CS70N handset jack. If I don't do this, pressing the Call Control button on the CS70N will not initiate an auto off-hook.

However, when the CS70N is on (green light), the IP230 headset LED call monitor buttons are not lit. If I turn off the CS70N headset, then the IP230 headset LED call monitor buttons light up green.

This makes for a frustrating user experience. Literally pulling my hair over here.

Any advice?
Apr 18, 2012 08:05 PM PDT
Scott Nguyen
LC Networks Inc
Thanks for the reply Ed.

Yes--Automatic Off-Hook Preference is already set to: 'Wireless Headset.'

If the ShoreTel handset is plugged into the IP230 handset jack, my CS70N Call Control button will not initiate an off-hook. In fact, it does nothing.

If the ShoreTel handset is plugged into the CS70N handset jack, the Call Control button works--just not correctly as described above.

When CS70N is on, ShoreTel is on-hook. When CS70N is off, ShoreTel is off-hook.

Maybe I will take a photo if my description is confusing.
Apr 23, 2012 08:46 PM PDT
Brian Lynch
ShoreTel, Inc.
great, thanks for posting to resolution.. i will pull the manual and see what those options do
Apr 24, 2012 05:03 AM PDT
Scott Nguyen
LC Networks Inc
Hey guys, I found the solution. On the left hand side of the CS70N
base, there's a wheel with numbers labeled 1-4. I turned this wheel
so that the 1&2 is facing the right, and 3&4 facing left.
This did the trick.. and I still don't know what it does.

To reply to this post please Sign In