Volume of MOH

Jan 23, 2010 08:19 PM PST
Keith Budurka
Benco Dental Company
I have saved a WAV file for playng our message on hold when callers to the call center are queued.
I have had several complaints that the volume is too loud.

Is there a setting to control this?
I don't know if I can resave the WAV file to play softer.

Thanks for any advice.

Keith Budurka
Jan 25, 2010 10:28 PM PST
Keith Budurka
Benco Dental Company
Think I got it - used Audacity in Linux, 'effects', 'amplify', amplification db '-11' to get desired result.

Thanks Venky for steering me on to the correct path.
Jun 17, 2013 07:37 PM PDT
Don Lewallen
Network Computing Architects (NCA)
Good Afternoon, I was able to use Audacity to lower the volume of the 'Vacation_Full' WAV file for my customer, however the sound quality isn't much. I suspect it may go back to what Bob Lenarcik was saying. Is there any way to improve it? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Jul 16, 2015 05:24 AM PDT
Julien Tintillier
RADIANCE COM (fka Globalcom)
Hello,

I also used Audacity to lower the volume but it doesn't work. Anyone found a solution ?
Jul 21, 2015 07:29 PM PDT
Pete Warrington
Aerus Technologies
Hi Julien Audacity is the way to go as per ShoreTel KB Article, However it does take a lot of trial and error reducing volume, saving , reducing volume etc... and Quality does deteriorate. We have had to send back to the people who did the recordings and ask them for the original to be re-recorded at a lower level on some of the contact centre recordings, so I guess there is a limit to how much you can change the original recording and have it of a decent quality

To reply to this post please Sign In