SIP Cordless

Jan 13, 2010 01:55 AM PST
Ian Palacios
ABYX Business Systems Inc
Does anyone have a good SIP Cordless phone they have used on the ShoreTel system? I'm talking about a ShoreTel SIP extension to the base, that could be DECT 6.0 technology to the actual handset.
Jan 12, 2010 05:21 PM PST
Ian Palacios
Thanks Steve!! These products have expensive SIP servers and multiple handset capabilities. I'm looking more for a single extension type of unit. Just a sip extension and the one handset. I don't have a use right now for multi handset system and the price is too high to justify a single location, seldom used unit. I understand that analog is probably the best way to go but, the my customer is on an Ethernet high with the ShoreTel and doesn't want to hear the word analog. If I can't find anything I can always mention $1000 and they will probably change gears. I also need to look for a wireless conference phone that is also sip to the base but, those are not as hard to find.
Jan 12, 2010 05:38 PM PST
Greg Gallaway
Spokane Teachers Credit Union
What about a WiFi based handset? Either polycom or ascom offer WiFi based SIP handsets for a few hundred bucks that can be registered on the shoretel as SIP extensions.
Jan 12, 2010 07:29 PM PST
Steve Weinstock
ShoreTel, Inc.
Both Polycom and Ascom have certified WiFi handsets wtih us as well. All of their solutinos (wifi or dect) operate as SIP extensions with ShoreTel. Please review the app notes associated with all of the solutions to better understand the setup, configuration, feature sets supported and the s/w releases that were tested with each.
Jan 13, 2010 02:04 AM PST
Steve Weinstock
ShoreTel, Inc.
Hi Ian, I'd recommend Polycom's KIRK handsets for DECT (http://www.shoretel.com/partners/technology/polycom.html) or Ascom (http://www.shoretel.com/partners/technology/ascom.html).
Apr 08, 2010 01:02 AM PDT
Gavin SCALLAN
Vordis Technologies SL
About the Ascom i75 Messenger, make sure you get the release 1.7.7 resolves some SIP related problems with Workgroups.
Oct 19, 2010 03:48 AM PDT
Joe Sikorski
Altitude Communications
Check out these Mediakkis MIC 505W handsets. I've tested other SIP products of Mediakkis with Shoretel systems and they integrated nicely as SIP extensions. For under $40 new, couldn't hurt to try it out inhouse on the office WiFi.
Oct 20, 2010 01:31 AM PDT
Greg Gallaway
We have been testing out SNOM M3 handsets, which can support 8 handsets with the base unit plus repeaters. so far it has worked pretty well.
Oct 22, 2010 01:24 AM PDT
Ian Palacios
Thanks for the updates guys. I'll make sure to check out the suggested handsets. It's always a request from customers and it's also great for in house use. Especially with the ability to do twinning now you can walk around the office and never miss a call.
May 24, 2011 01:11 AM PDT
Christian Costantini
Fiore SRL
Hi Greg,
how did you configure the Snom, like any SIP extension? I am having troubles configuring Snom m9. From the DECT device I can actually call, from shoretel IP PHONE the call doesn't get through. Let me know if you have any suggestion. Thanks.
May 31, 2011 06:19 PM PDT
Greg Gallaway
Hmmm, yes we setup the phone as a sip extension on the system. is the M9 showing that it has successfully registered in the ShoreTel? (ie. in the user page does it show the current port as a sip registration?)
Jun 04, 2011 01:23 AM PDT
Christian Costantini
Fiore SRL
Hi Greg, at the end I made them work. I cannot still understand why, I use a preloaded profile to make things work better. Maybe is only my imaginationa, but it seems the 11.2 works better than the 11.1 on SIP extension. I need to test them some days more to definitely install at my customer premises.
Jul 08, 2011 05:15 AM PDT
Joe Sikorski
Altitude Communications
Those Mediakkis sets were garbage, and couldn't make it register as a SIP Extension or SIP Trunk. You get what you pay for.

So I grabbed a set of those Snom M9 DECT phones. I'm at the same point Christian was back in May. What did you define for your SIP Profile and how did you get it to register? I've been playing with it for a bit now, and could use some new ideas where to go from here.
Jan 10, 2012 08:09 PM PST
Denis Vandaele
Feeder SAS Groupe
Hi,

I have exactly the same probleme as Chirstian with my snom m9 DECTs, I can place a call from the DECT but cannot call them. in the snom logs i find a error 404 not found :

[SIP-Call:4]: URI sip:538@192.168.14.101:2697;transport=udp not found on this system

what did you do to make them work ?

thank you for your help

Denis
Jan 20, 2012 06:46 PM PST
Justin Goldberg
DJJ Technologies NTL LLC
With the Snom M9's to work on an Allworx, I had to choose TAHI Project (broken registrar), under SIP settings (later firmware calls it just TAHI Project). Try all ten options listed on the SIP Proxy Server type menu.
Dec 16, 2012 06:22 PM PST
J Smith
Nelson Irrigation Corporation
I would avoid the Ascom units. Not very durable, tech support is clueless on SIP, and very expensive to repair/maintain.

To reply to this post please Sign In