Support is shocking

Aug 11, 2010 11:16 PM PDT
Adam Witwicki (gone-ef)
Ascentric aka Investment Funds Direct
The support we receive from shortel is shocking. its just excuse after excuse. It would be nice to see a working shoretel system one day.
Aug 12, 2010 05:04 AM PDT
Brian Lynch
ShoreTel, Inc.
Hi Adam,

I apologize for your experience with support .. can you email me at forumsadmin@shoretel.com with your SR and i will look into it..

Thanks,
Brian
Aug 12, 2010 07:02 PM PDT
Greg Gallaway
Spokane Teachers Credit Union
Adam, do you need to have the users capable of transfering calls to other extensions on the system (ie. using office anywhere?) if not there is not a license for the workgroup unless you have agents with Agent call manager.

in other words if you are using the workgroup as a routing box only there are no licenses associated with that configuration. Although a routepoint should also accomplish what you are trying.

What version of software are you running? What type of switches? T38 is only supported on the new 1/2 width switches and is controlled through a combination of codec lists and Fax support options of the user.

let me know and I will try to help you as best I can.

Sorry you are having issues with the system, my experience is that it is a very capable system.
Aug 12, 2010 07:43 PM PDT
Amanda Fagan
NB Test and Measurement
I'm not sure but I believe that the ShoreTel system is only a T.38 pass-through. Meaning your SIP Trunk provider must send the fax as T.38. The ShoreTel system won't convert an incoming PRI or analog based fax and turn it into T.38.

That means it only works if you have SIP Trunks from a provider that supports T.38
Aug 13, 2010 05:35 AM PDT
Adam Witwicki (gone-ef)
Brian, No i wish to list this issues here if thats ok. I dont get the SR's your partner dosnt give them to me.

I wanted to have an AA call 2 external mobiles, this wasnt working using route pointsso I raised a fault.
Support who then tried this with a user ext forwarding to an external have come back with that can only be done with workgroups, and I now have to pay for licences for these workgroup mobiles? these mobiles which are held two people who already have a user licence?

I was told your phone system was amazing as it can route calls from anywhere to anywhere. But this dosnt seem to be true.

I am also waiting for a detailed list of settings for T38 of my fully compliment SIP ATA. As soon as the ATA detects a fax and tries to reinvite to use T38 the shoretel switch drops the call.

It is a real shame you cant make a working system like the one you advertise.

Regards

Adam
Aug 15, 2010 06:20 PM PDT
Adam Witwicki (gone-ef)
Greg, That is my point it should work with route points, the documentation and logic says so. But shortel are refusing to admit a bug and saying it will never work with a route point are are refusing to diagnose the fault.

Amanda, that now makes sense, so why have my partner and shoretel spent months trying to correct this 'fault', then know we have a PR trunk and know i am trying to get a SIP T38 fax ext running. If they explained this months ago when we all started trying to get this working I would have wasted money buying kit that wont work.

Regards
Adam
Aug 15, 2010 06:38 PM PDT
Michael Hirota
Evolve Technologies
Perhaps I misunderstood what you're trying to accomplish. Does the AA have to route to the two mobile #'s simultaneously? I can see a problem there with route points...a route point could send to one off-net destination, but I'm not sure about two simultaneously.
Aug 15, 2010 11:36 PM PDT
Greg Gallaway
Spokane Teachers Credit Union
Ahh, yes well to dial 2 phones simultaneously would require 10.2 (simulring) or 2 user licenses in external assignment.
Aug 16, 2010 01:41 AM PDT
Michael Hirota
Evolve Technologies
Did someone at the ShoreTel TAC say you can't forward off-net with a route point, or did your ShoreTel partner? I find it hard to believe someone from the TAC would say that when route points are commonly used for such routing, and clearly have fields to enter off-net numbers for call forwarding.
Aug 16, 2010 01:48 AM PDT
Adam Witwicki (gone-ef)
My partner siad they were relaying the message from ShoreTel TAC

To reply to this post please Sign In