SHORETEL IS NOW PART OF MITEL. See how powering connections in the cloud is now brilliantly simple.

Spectralink 8020 ST 10.1

May 16, 2010 07:15 PM PDT
Jeff Mitchell
On Target Telecommunications Inc
On release 10.1 GA, have some spectralink 8020 telephones installed. They work properly most of the time however having a couple issues.

1) Unable to get them to work in a hunt group, it will just ringback to the originating caller if internal and go fast busy from an external caller.

2) Intermittently lose connection to the voice switch/proxy server, battery must be pulled to regain connection.

3) In user's when assigning the extension to an IP phone i.e. SIP device it will register it but then changes back to 'softswitch' instead of being connected to the local voice switch.

I dont know how many people have these installed but anyone who can offer any help is much appreciated.

Thanks.
Jun 20, 2010 07:35 PM PDT
Brian Lynch
ShoreTel, Inc.
Hi Jeff,

The latest release of 10.1 has a defect that was resolved that may help with your issue. not sure it will fix the hunt-group issue. Also you should have the 'options ping' disabled
1-39572791 SIP extension using Spectra link 8030 unable to place calls from Call Manager.

Brian
Jun 21, 2010 05:06 AM PDT
Jeff Mitchell
Bump
Jun 21, 2010 11:13 PM PDT
Jeff Mitchell
I did read that in the build notes for 10.1. I have 'options ping' disabled at this point. We have tried everything even packet captures and the ack packet on both sides is out of sequence. RTP traffic starts sending before the actual call is setup.

To reply to this post please Sign In