SHORETEL IS NOW PART OF MITEL. See how powering connections in the cloud is now brilliantly simple.

Using Dial Lists for Outbound Calling

Mar 24, 2010 03:47 AM PDT
Dennis Hanson
Lake Country Power
Anyone know where I can get detailed information on setting up outbound calling database and Script? All of the documents are vague to say the least. What I would like to know is the following:

What data types does Contact Center support for reading from and writing to the SQL database?

What values can you write to the database about the call made? Can you write a date time value?

When you select the Dial list and return multiple values can Contact Center update the table (where you selected the records from) as the calls are made ?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thank You
Apr 11, 2012 04:26 AM PDT
Alex Yee
ITApps
I agree with Mike. I hope there will be a documentation explained more on the outbound dialing component.

For eg. whether the active dial list is rewritable while it's running and how to achieve that if the customer wants their CRM to reinsert/update/remove the contacts from the active list.

Cheers.
Aug 29, 2012 03:23 AM PDT
Tim Van Every
Insurance and Membership Service
Hey,
I am using a MySQL database file for the customer details, phone number etc.
The ECC outbound dialing list is then created to access the list and write the basic call outcome back to the MySQL database.
Using the outcome tab e.g.
update database.Table set CALLED = concat(CALLED,'RETRYING ')

there appears to be an option now to append call profile as a string or number
'%QueueName%'
but I have not tried this

The useful data we collect is handled by a PHP based webpop which gathers data from the agent, such as call outcome (Answering Machine, Quote, Sale, Try again next year etc) and can date/time stamp the outcome and add the agents name and put the data into the MySQL database in an 'outcome' column.

Hope this helps, but I totally agree the better documentation WITH EXAMPLES would be of great benefit and add value to the ShoreTel system

To reply to this post please Sign In