SHORETEL IS NOW PART OF MITEL. See how powering connections in the cloud is now brilliantly simple.

Outbound Dial List Questions

May 17, 2010 05:26 AM PDT
Tim Van Every
Insurance and Membership Service
Hey,
Just wondering how I can configure the Outbound dialing via the Outbound Dial Service to take into account if there are calls in the queue of a different service (eg Sales Service), and only add new calls to be dialed outbound service queue if there are no inbound calls waiting in the Sales Service queue.
As it stands it seems that in Contact Center Director, the Dial Lists, Details Tab 'activate Dial-List on' option of 'Queued calls less than X', using the Outbound Dial Service, only checks the Outbound Dial Service to see if there are calls in the queue, which there obviously never are (since its a dedicated outbound dialing list service). How can I get it to check the Sales queue to see if there are any inbound calls waiting before adding new outbound calls to the Outbound Dial Service?
-----------------
2nd Question
-----------------
Is there a way to set the dialing 'speed' of the dial list, e.g. I want to add an outbound call to the queue every 5 minutes or every 10 minutes (rather than just have call after call go into the outbound service). This will enable the calls to get done throughout the day without the agents having to do call after call after call without a break. I do not want to use the wrap up time feature, as I need the agent to be able to take inbound calls if there is one waiting.
Many thanks
May 24, 2010 11:45 PM PDT
Tim Van Every
Insurance and Membership Service
OK I have sorted the Outbound dial list by service (missed the tick box in Groups, Details Tab, within Contact Center Director)
However I have had no luck on a solution to the rate of outbound dialing lists. Basically I would like to be able to set a rate at which new outbound dial lists put calls into the queue, (in addition to the current guidelines/settings that are in use), so that for example, the system would check every X minutes (e.g. 10 minutes) if the guidelines are met for putting an outbound call into the queue, rather than adding a new outbound call every time the outbound call guidelines are met. The main reason is to give staff a more constant workload, rather than constantly putting them on outbound calls. [Note: Can not use wrap up time as we need them to be available for inbound calls as they arrive]
Any ideas would be welcome
Cheers

To reply to this post please Sign In