SHORETEL IS NOW PART OF MITEL. See how powering connections in the cloud is now brilliantly simple.

More Batch Update Features Needed

Nov 01, 2010 01:07 AM PDT
Troy Kuskie
The RMH Group Inc
Expand the capabilities of the Batch Update feature within Shoreware Director to include items like IM server, allow telephony presence, allow mobile access and Outlook call handling etc.
Nov 01, 2010 02:09 AM PDT
Greg Gallaway
Spokane Teachers Credit Union
Agreed, it would also be nice to be able to easily see who has mobile and softphone access
Jan 11, 2011 10:27 PM PST
Ben Lanning
All-Mode Communications Inc
Batch update should let you,

- Program buttons
- Set IM Server
- Control Softphone
- Force call handling mode to match the default call handling modes (allowing you to change multiple users CMH preferences at the same time)
- Set call stack size
- MCM
- Telephony presence
- Set outbound CLID
- Contact Center Integration
- Reset voicemail password
- Default voicemail box
Feb 03, 2011 01:58 AM PST
Bill Flippen
Touchpoint Networks LLC
IMO I think batch update should be exactly like an individual user page with Check boxes in each field.
go through configuring the 'update user' placing check boxes, then select which users get these updates.
Feb 14, 2011 11:37 PM PST
Troy Kuskie
The RMH Group Inc
Excellent Bill and Ben! I had to do a database re-build because of corruption (a long story). I used the DB Import tool to repopulate most user fields and was able to do the same with some SQL tables however, I really missed these abilities after all was up and running because I had to go and touch EVERY single user and set the IM Server, Allow Softphone, Allow Telephone Presence, Set a Personal Delegate, Turn on Outlook Call Handling and untoggle Change Password at Next Logon! What a pain...
Oct 03, 2014 12:42 PM PDT
Chad Stuhr
Alpha Telecommunication Associates Inc - ATSI
Please add more features to the dbimport. Being able to import is nice but often times I have to touch every record for reasons mentioned.
Jan 12, 2015 01:01 PM PST
Danny Howard
Brazos Electric Cooperative
Ditto all the above.
Jan 22, 2015 02:35 PM PST
Smit Rabadia
Ellkay LLC
AMEN!

I've been waiting on this for a while!

Why should we have to go user by user to do something as simple as changing a user's IM setting to Lync (now that our company has just implemented it).

To reply to this post please Sign In