SHORETEL IS NOW PART OF MITEL. See how powering connections in the cloud is now brilliantly simple.

Configure Ingate to send incoming Caller-ID for forwarded calls

Jul 01, 2010 01:32 AM PDT
Steve Garson
Hexagon Metrology
I have an Ingate InSIParator configured with Broadvox SIP trunks. Things work fine with one exception. When a user has call manager configured to transfer his calls to his cell phone, the caller-ID of the phone system is transmitted, not that caller-ID of the transferred call.

Using the Etherspeak Suretrunk, the caller-ID of the forwarded call is transmitted, so I figure this must be an Ingate configuration matter. I checked with Broadvox and they told me that the caller-ID displayed is based on the PBX. They told me it is configured in the Remote Party ID field, but I cannot locate that setting.

Does anyone know if this is supported by Ingate?
Jul 07, 2010 01:15 AM PDT
Brian Lynch
ShoreTel, Inc.
hi Steve,

is it possible to get a SIP trace from the ingate and send it to me at forumsadmin@shoretel.com

i would like to see the contents of an invite...

Thanks,
Brian
Apr 06, 2011 10:53 PM PDT
Justin Goldberg
DJJ Technologies NTL LLC
Brian, could you post the solution, if any?
Apr 08, 2011 03:09 AM PDT
Brian Lynch
ShoreTel, Inc.
let me check my notes, but i believe it was the setting on the Trunk group to send original CID,,,. that way the original CID is delivered in the diversion header of the SIP INVITE along with the user CID...

To reply to this post please Sign In