SHORETEL IS NOW PART OF MITEL. See how powering connections in the cloud is now brilliantly simple.

Broadvox, Ingate, ShoreTel

Feb 04, 2011 12:42 AM PST
Gino Capito
TeleComp
Anyone using this combination successfully? We have tried two customers now with spotty results. Calls come in at HQ, ride an MPLS WAN to a site and the person answering the phone at branch either has one-way audio or sometimes the person calling doesn't hear a 'ringing' in their ear so they hang up. Both from cell phones and landlines. Two customers, to different networks with similar results... We've been on the phone with ShoreTel, Ingate and Broadvox but each one tends to say it might be the other...
Apr 06, 2011 10:50 PM PDT
Justin Goldberg
DJJ Technologies NTL LLC
I'm just posting this so I can subscribe to any replies. I'll be doing a similar setup sometime in the future.
Jul 12, 2011 01:05 AM PDT
Gino Capito
TeleComp
After much troubleshooting, ShoreTel identified a bug in the ShoreTel code that truncates SIP trunks over the 99th trunk. So the 100th trunk gets passed as a '10' not as '100'. It was a hard limit that they re-recoded. This was fixed and released in recent build 16.42.4740. It has resolved the issues with my one customer. The other customer still has disconnected calls on about 25% of all inbound SIP calls. We've tried both Legacy and new Cypress (Broadsoft)based back end switches from Broadvox ITSP.

To reply to this post please Sign In