Enhancement/feature wish list

Oct 29, 2010 01:27 AM PDT
Ari Piotrkowski
City of Santa Rosa
I'd really like to see the following features implemented - there are various workarounds (of various effectiveness) to some of these but I would really prefer to see these features see the light of day.

-Allow a button to be programmed to busy out a hunt group. I know you can just dial *18 to do this but our old Mitel system did this and we have many places where it is used heavily.

-Allow a pause to be configured in a speed dial. I can't tell you how useful this would be - we would use it mainly to forward calls off-system so they route directly to an off system voicemail, but this would be useful in many different situations.

-Allow a button to be configured for a true MWI indicator. I know the 'dial mailbox' function can be used to an extent, but this is only feasible on a phone with tri-color LEDs. Even then when you press the button it just calls that user's mailbox, I'd like to see that go directly to the voicemail login.

-Allow hunt groups to use custom schedules. I find myself frequently resorting to placing a workgroup, route point, or auto attendant in front of a hunt group just so I can take advantage of the custom schedule. I'd like to see the same scheduling options across the board.

-Allow BCAs to use schedules and be busied out. Just like hunt groups, unless your users have no need to ever change the call handling of a BCA, you must front end these with a route point or AA. Another thought would be to allow a BCA to be a member of a hunt group.

-Allow workgroups to use the 'queue' option for all schedules, not just 'on hours'. I don't quite understand why you can only utilize a queue in the 'on hours' mode. It would be handy to be able to use the queue no matter what schedule you have.

Here are some requests for Shoreware Director:

-Add the ability to search

-Add some custom fields to individual users, hunt groups, BCAs, etc. Basically any object that can contain user or call flow configuration. We use department codes heavily and need the ability to associate a user with a department code.

-I like the scheduling options, they work well for us. However, I would love the ability to define 'every other week' or bi-weekly schedule.
Oct 28, 2010 08:17 PM PDT
Greg Gallaway
Spokane Teachers Credit Union
-Allow a button to be programmed to busy out a hunt group. I know you can just dial *18 to do this but our old Mitel system did this and we have many places where it is used heavily.

I Agree this would be fantastic especially if the light lamped when busy.

-Allow a pause to be configured in a speed dial. I can't tell you how useful this would be - we would use it mainly to forward calls off-system so they route directly to an off system voicemail, but this would be useful in many different situations.

I agree, many users would like the ability to have a speed dial that calls some other number then auto inputs their account code or such

-Allow a button to be configured for a true MWI indicator. I know the 'dial mailbox' function can be used to an extent, but this is only feasible on a phone with tri-color LEDs. Even then when you press the button it just calls that user's mailbox, I'd like to see that go directly to the voicemail login.

The option to go directly to vm login would be nice, even on the non-tricolor LED phones it does change the icon next to the key (although it is not as noticable as an led would be)

-Allow workgroups to use the 'queue' option for all schedules, not just 'on hours'. I don't quite understand why you can only utilize a queue in the 'on hours' mode. It would be handy to be able to use the queue no matter what schedule you have.

Never noticed this before but if you are going to queue calls after hours why have a schedule?

Here are some requests for Shoreware Director:

-Add the ability to search

Absolutely!

-I like the scheduling options, they work well for us. However, I would love the ability to define 'every other week' or bi-weekly schedule.

I can see where that would be useful

greg
Jul 07, 2014 12:16 PM PDT
Jennifer Trann
Richardson International - HQ

We would absolutely benefit from this feature in order to be able to truly autodial from Communicator to any number where we are calling a main number with extensions, but no DID. This would be useful within the Contact, System Directory and Speed Dial.

To reply to this post please Sign In