Several OCS Integration Questions

Nov 09, 2010 01:13 AM PST
Brian Ring
CNP Technologies LLC
I have a customer that is looking to implement OCS/ShoreTel integration and has a few questions which I'm not sure how to answer. I don't have any experience with ST/OCS integration. This customer has one ShoreTel location and several other locations on various other phone systems which they are slowly trying to converge. They are not a single company which is what makes this more complex.

1. Does the integration require both a CSTA server and a media gateway such as the Audiocodes gateway or does it only need one or the other?

2. The customer is interested in purchasing a Dialogic DMG2000 and wanted to know if this will work with ShoreTel instead of an AudioCodes gateway. The product page says it works with other major IPBX brands so I assume it might work.
http://www.dialogic.com/products/gateways/DMG2000.htm

Any information, suggestions, or advice is greatly appreciated!
Jan 13, 2011 01:13 AM PST
Ari Piotrkowski
City of Santa Rosa
Hi Brian-
You don't need a PSTN gateway for the CSTA integration. You just need a physical server running Shoretel DVS and the CSTA software. On the OCS side you just need the front end server - no mediation server is necessary. If they use enterprise voice on OCS that is a different story.

To reply to this post please Sign In