Additional Phones Feature Set

Dec 29, 2010 11:26 PM PST
Ben Lanning
All-Mode Communications Inc
A feature that I had hoped for, and need on a regular basis, is the ability to make my additional phones normal MGCP ShoreTel phones. There are often scenarios where someone needs their extension to ring in multiple places all of the time and does not have enough keys for monitor extensions. Also calls picked up from a monitor act different than a regular call making it difficult to train users who do not spend much time on a phone. The behavior should be similar to a hunt group where the call rings in as though it were coming directly to the phone in question with the difference that it also displays the original extension like it would a hunt group name.
Dec 29, 2010 05:34 PM PST
Amanda Fagan
NB Test and Measurement
Have you looked into Bridged Call Appearances?

They were designed to mimic old key systems where the same line appears on multiple phones, rings simultaneously, and can be held and picked up from any phone that has that bridged call appearance on it.
Jan 01, 2011 10:38 PM PST
Ben Lanning
Yes, well the definition of 'does not have enough keys for monitor extensions' makes them not work. I have used BCAs when needed, but they do not supply the functionality requested.
Jan 04, 2011 04:02 AM PST
Amanda Fagan
NB Test and Measurement
Have you already tried the Simultaneous Ringing feature added in 10.2 (page 19 in the release notes)?

http://support.shoretel.com/products/ip_phone_system/shoretel_10.2/downloads/shoretel_10.2_release_notes.pdf#Page=19
Jan 06, 2011 09:15 PM PST
Ben Lanning
Amanda, I do not mean to be rude, but do you even read posts before responding to them? Please read my original post and you will find that a deficiency (in my opinion) in the way that very feature works is the cause for my suggestion in the first place.
Jan 10, 2011 03:50 AM PST
Amanda Fagan
NB Test and Measurement
I also do not intend to be rude, but I was not referring to the 'Monitor Extension' feature you assign to a button, but a new feature that was recently added commonly called 'twinning'. It lets you assign two phones to the same user.
Jan 10, 2011 08:59 PM PST
Jeff Murray
ShoreTel, Inc.
The solution you are looking for is SimulRing or Additional Phones. As of ShoreTel 10.2 users via Communicator can set up to 3 different phones to ring for a single extension. the 2 additional phones can be internal or external (i.e. Cell Phone). For more information on this new feature please contact your ShoreTel Sales Engineer.
Jan 10, 2011 10:52 PM PST
Ben Lanning
Please all of you read the post at the top! I am well aware of the new additional phones feature set, but if you would actually read the release notes or use it you would find that it does not allow for the additional phones to be MGCP sets, they can only be SIP extensions or external phone numbers. That was my point to ShoreTel, that the feature that they added is great, but I want it to do a little more.
Jan 10, 2011 11:03 PM PST
Jeff Murray
ShoreTel, Inc.
Sorry I was not reading the top of the Tree in this post. Have you requested an Enhancement from TAC on this feature?
Jan 11, 2011 12:40 AM PST
Ben Lanning
Not yet, I wanted to see if anyone else had similar needs.
Jan 13, 2011 02:42 AM PST
Ben Lanning
Posted as an official enhancement request.
Feb 15, 2011 12:20 AM PST
Troy Kuskie
The RMH Group Inc
I agree with Ben and Jeff in that the feature needs to be extended to include all phones not just SIP!
Apr 02, 2012 06:40 PM PDT
Jacob Koch
CenturyLink Inc
Has this feature been added yet? I am using 12.2 and it still seems it only works for off system extensions or SIP ext not MGCP sets... unless I am missing something?

If you have DIDs to the other ext you could set the to 'external' and enter the DIDs of the sets you want to ring... this will eat up 2 trunks and is a bit of a silly work around... so Shoretel just make it so we can set the additional phones to actual shoretel phones... thanks
jake

To reply to this post please Sign In