SHORETEL IS NOW PART OF MITEL. See how powering connections in the cloud is now brilliantly simple.

Microsoft Lync

Feb 23, 2011 01:41 AM PST
Ian Palacios
ABYX Business Systems Inc
Has anyone attempted to connect Microsoft's new Lync Server with the ShoreTel for presence? It's the next gen OCS server but, I don't expect it to be 'supported' by ShoreTel for a while. Being that Lync Server is voice enabled I also wonder if it will ever be 'supported'??
Mar 20, 2011 08:51 PM PDT
Neil Crowther
Datasharp UK Ltd
We have been looking into this for quite some time and have been notified by Shoretel that Exchange 2010 Support for Unified Messaging will be introduced in Shoretel 12 and Lync Support will be in Shoretel 13. No further information on timelines was given other than Shoretel 12 being near Controlled Release.

Hope this helps

Neil
Jul 05, 2011 04:03 AM PDT
Marc Gere
AmeriNet
has anyone tried the Lync integration??
Jul 21, 2011 02:42 AM PDT
Parminder Kaloti
M5 Networks
Comm3 in Dallas has successfully integrated with Lync for call presence and click-to-call, however, it is still lacking features that the Cisco-Lync integration has, like voicemail, conferencing, and video.
Aug 15, 2011 10:01 PM PDT
Brady Clifford
Innovative Staffing Inc
Any new updates on this. We two would like to integrate Lync 2010 with our ShoreTel hardware.
Nov 29, 2011 02:17 AM PST
Johnny Schultz
Enterprise Network Solutions
Any updates yet? We will be doing a Lync integration as soon as it becomes available.
Dec 21, 2011 03:59 AM PST
Mark Dunlap
Osmose Utilities Services
Hi All, does anyone know the requirments to get call presence and click-to-call actually working? Is the CSTA server functionality required?
Aug 29, 2012 03:20 AM PDT
Patrick Treleani
KTS Networks Inc
Hey David: to summarized, I think we would like to better understand the integration points between ST and Lync. Thanks.
Oct 17, 2012 12:43 AM PDT
Hersh Dogra
IT Weapons Inc
We are also looking to integrate Lync with ShoreTel (Presence/Click-to-Call), and there doesn't appear to be much information in the knowledgebase explaining the process.
Oct 24, 2012 12:22 AM PDT
Jonathan Haase
Lamm Technical Resources LLC
May be a bit late to the game. I know there is specific information at this point in getting Lync working using an additional CSTA server from shoretel now. But in our case we weren't as worried about being able to make the Lync client work with shoretel as much as simply making the Shoretel Communicator Instant Messaging be able to use the Lync server. Something which is supposedly supported with 13, but we're currently running 12.3 so we can't upgrade to 13 yet. We had a need to upgrade our OCS 2007 server to Lync 2010, and I was just now able to successfully get the instant messaging up and working with Shoretel Communicator. The trick was provided via this link: http://www.confusedamused.com/notebook/enabling-unencrypted-tcp-connections-to-lync-on-port-5060/ to get lync to allow unencrypted TCP connections on port 5060. Once I had that I set the lync server up the same as you would an OCS 2007 server in Shoreware director, and set all my users to point to the newly defined server, and voila, I was up and working.

Just wanted to share this info with anyone else who see this.

To reply to this post please Sign In