webpops for services and php pages

Jul 27, 2011 03:03 AM PDT
Tim Van Every
Insurance and Membership Service
Hi,
I am trying to do some stuff with webpops, the webpages at this stage are for services, and are all in html, which I want to change to .php
First question - Since the webpage files are stored on the ECC server, can I locate the files somewhere else or can I install php on the ECC server?

Second question - since the webpages actually launch on desktop PC's, will the local desktop PCs need to have php installed on them as well as on the server, or perhaps just on the local PC's and not the server, or just on the server?

Third question: what is the database details on the ECC server to connect to so I can try and get the Caller ID (phone number) of inbound calls to use in order to get customer details from our customer database and then populate the php webpage for the agent who answers the call?
Need to know the database name, database password and database tablename (see where ????? is below)

$con = mysql_connect('localhost','???????','???????'');
if (!$con)
{
die('Could not connect: ' . mysql_error());
}

mysql_select_db('?????', $con);

Anyhelp to any of these questions would be greatly appriciated.

Cheers
Jul 29, 2011 05:25 AM PDT
Amanda Fagan
NB Test and Measurement
PHP only needs to be installed on your web server, not your users desktops. Also, your web server doesn't need to be the same server as your ECC. Most of the time it's better to use the server where the details are coming from (ie. your CRM system if that's where your customer database is).

To reply to this post please Sign In