SHORETEL IS NOW PART OF MITEL. See how powering connections in the cloud is now brilliantly simple.

ECC Callback Feature - Collecting extension of the requester

Jan 30, 2012 03:08 AM PST
Rick Moore
Hatch Inc
Many of our customers need to leave an extension with their callback number. Setting the allowed digits to 15 allows for more than 10 digits to be entered, but it truncates the left digits and dials the right 10 digits. So far we've been unable to come up with a way to collect this and deliver it to the agent when the callback is initiated.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction for resolving this?

Thanks,
Rick
Feb 02, 2012 04:14 AM PST
Amanda Fagan
NB Test and Measurement
I'm afraid there really is no solution. The limitation isn't with ECC or the call back feature, but with the underlying ShoreTel system. The PBX is unable to dial any type of 'pause' in a dial string, and simply passes the digits as-is to the telco. The telco then strips whichever digits it deems necessary and attempts to dial the number.

What you'll have to do is split off the extra digits and pass them to an ECC call profile field and present them to the agent for manual dialing.
Feb 09, 2012 10:32 PM PST
Rick Moore
Hatch Inc
Unfortunately, the system treats the outbound callback as a separate call and from my understanding can't deliver custom call profile information from the previous call. Any thoughts on how to solve that?

Thanks for the reply!
Aug 22, 2012 11:56 PM PDT
Brad Eltervoog
Ontario Ltd O/A Empire Communications
If they would add the ablility to leave a message with your callback this would resolve this issue.

To reply to this post please Sign In