CDR format

May 23, 2012 11:17 PM PDT
Mark Condon
TSA Software Solutions Pty Ltd
We developed a driver to read CDR ouput from the ShoreTel 11 system. The Sys Admin manual, in appendix B.1.3.1, states the dialed number does not include any access code such as 9.

We've implemented the driver as a common customer and noted the customers CDR does indeed contain an access code on outbound calls. Here's an example CDR:

2315123604 04/30/2012 07:03:29 3545 00:01:50 1 9 6798672586 3545 56 1 50544

Has there been a configuration made at the customer site to purposely include an access code, or is the documentation incorrect? Need clarification so we can determine if we need to update our driver permanently include provision for access codes.

Thanks,
Mark
May 25, 2012 05:28 AM PDT
Amanda Fagan
NB Test and Measurement
In your example the number dialed is '9'. That's not a valid number (unless you stripped out the real one). It also shows a value for Caller ID which should only be on incoming calls.
May 26, 2012 09:43 PM PDT
Mark Condon
Hi Amanda,

Thanks fo the response, I've only just noticed that the example above didn;t copy properly, in reality there is a plus sign between the 9 and 6. So the full number dialled is 9 679........ It's a local call mad in Fiji.

My question is stil valid in that the ShoreTel manual states the 9, which is an access code, does not get presented in the CDR yet in most if not all samples of CDR data we've seen it is there. So is the manual incorrect or is the CDR we are seeing cutomised at those sites to include the access code?

Thanks,
mark
May 27, 2012 02:39 AM PDT
Mark Condon
Hi again,

I've just checked this email trail and the forum software itself has a problem in that each time I input the example number above (i.e. 9, then Plus sign, then remainder of number), the forum software is removing the Plus sign! Thus you don't see it.

The example number I used above is [code]9 6798672586[/code].

Thanks,
Robert

To reply to this post please Sign In