System wide broadcast messages to users?

Aug 31, 2012 01:36 AM PDT
Joe Garcia
GDC Technics Ltd
Hello, Im a total n00b with shoretel systems so pelase bear with me. I inherited this system with very limited in-house info from the previous guy. We have 300 phones here so I'm thinking this might help me and the rest of the IT dept out.

Is there a way to send one way system broadcasts via communicator? For example, if email goes down, we can notify users that mail is down and being worked on. I'm not looking for a true IM service (at least I dont think I do) but I'd like for it to be a one way thing just for broadcast messages/ alerts.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Jan 30, 2015 05:41 AM PST
Jeff McCrystal
Frankfort Plant Board
Joe, There is the "Notify Users" function in the Director for such notifications, but in your example...unfortunately it send an e-mail to all users. But could be used for other than "e-mail down" type notifications. Hope this helps.
Jan 30, 2015 07:42 AM PST
Open Office
Communications Resources Incorporated aka CRI
You can send a voice mail message to all users. There is a built-in Broadcast extension number that sends a voice mail to all mailboxes.
Aug 29, 2017 07:10 AM PDT
Mike Monica
Red Rock Information Security LLC
Notify Users only alerts users to an updated version of the Communicator/Connect client. The message isn't customizable.

To reply to this post please Sign In