Mediatrix Analog Adapters Version13

Jan 10, 2013 06:46 PM PST
Reuben Bravo
CenturyLink Inc
Based on a recommendation from our ShoreTel AM, we ordered 3 Mediatrix 4102 ATAs to replace ATAs from a 3Com system we replaced. We have been unable to get them to register with the Director running version 13. We looked at the KB article on the 4100 series but the interface on ShoreWare Version 8 and ShoreWare Version 13 are different. Any help here is greatly appreciated.
Feb 18, 2013 11:59 PM PST
David Harper
Unity Connected Solutions Inc (Canada)
Hi Reuben,

Were you able to get this working? I am about to attempt the same installation and hoping you can provide some feedback.
Jun 07, 2013 02:45 AM PDT
Brian Ring
CNP Technologies LLC
Just to add my 2 cents. The only way I've been able to get a 4102 to work with ShoreTel is using SIP trunks. The Appnote specific to ST v8 (TPP 10103) and the Mediatrix guide indicate using a Mediatrix management software (UMC) to configure SIP registration rather than the built in web config on the device. The appnote is pretty dated as is the UMC software. However, whether configured using the management software as indicated by the guides or via the web admin SIP registration, the devices never seem to even attempt to send a SIP registration request to the ShoreGear SIP proxy switch. Seems to work pretty solid as a SIP trunk with OSEs but it's still pretty kludgy. Does anyone know of an alternate ATA solution? More and more often we run into newer buildings that don't necessarily have copper all the way back to the ShoreGear locations and ATAs would be the ideal solution...just not the one's made by Mediatrix.
Feb 24, 2015 09:19 AM PST
Steve Emerson
Nuvola Distribution Ltd
Hi All,

Do any of you guy's still have the app note for setting up the 41xx devices that you could make available? I cannot find it on the Shoretel web site.

Many thanks Steve

To reply to this post please Sign In