Unable to register mobility users after IP changes

Dec 02, 2013 03:38 AM PST
James Kemp
Gas Transportation Company
I had to change the IP address range of our ShoreTel appliances and now the Mobility users are failing registration.

I've changed the IP of line-side support to be the new Virtual SIP Proxy IP address. Tested this and I can ping it.
Also updated the Remote SIP End Point of the SIP trunk to point at the new IP of the SG90 hosting the SIP trunks. Created new SIP trunks to point at the new IP of the mobility router and associated with the SIP Trunk group and deleted the old ones.

Also updated the eth0 gateway to be the new Gateway (shouldnt matter though, all thew new IP's arein the same 172.16.110.0/24 network and correspond exactly with the old 172.16.100.0/24 addresses.

Has anyone ever changed the address of their mobility router and experienced the same? Does anyone know why this may not be working?

I'm going to try to register a different SIP client later to see if that works.
Dec 10, 2013 03:06 AM PST
James Kemp
OK I've moved a SIP handset to this site and got it to SIP register using the same details so the configuration should be fine. Not sure now what is causing the SIP registration to fail.
Dec 13, 2013 09:43 PM PST
James Kemp
RESOLVED - discovered that new trusted IP range did not include the IP address of the mobility server

To reply to this post please Sign In