SHORETEL IS NOW PART OF MITEL. See how powering connections in the cloud is now brilliantly simple.

can't record AA greetings in IE9

Sep 05, 2013 02:22 AM PDT
Andy Fuller
Caleidoscope Communications Company
I know this is an issue with IE and not Shoretel but it's driving me nuts. I have one PC that's running Windows 7 (64 bit) with IE 9. When I want to record a AA greeting, that function button is grayed out on the screen and I get a message in the top right of the panel that states 'recording control not available'.
I assume it's an Active X problem and so far I've defaulted IE and lowered all the security settings in IE. I've run anti-malware software and uninstalled and re-installed IE9 with no luck. I also found and followed this app note with no success http://workendtech.com/install-shoretel-voicemessage-control-manually/

Any ideas?
Sep 06, 2013 12:00 AM PDT
Open Office
Communications Resources Incorporated aka CRI
Try this:

Right click the gear Icon in the top right hand corner
Click Safety
Then uncheck ActiveX Filtering.
Sep 06, 2013 02:14 AM PDT
Andy Fuller
Caleidoscope Communications Company
It was already unchecked, but thanks for the suggestion.
Sep 09, 2013 02:51 AM PDT
Mandy Herring
Simmons First National Corp
What version of Shoretel are you running? We are running 12.3 and I have to use a Windows XP machine to record our AA greetings. I am hoping this issue is resolved when we upgrade Shoretel.
Sep 09, 2013 03:49 AM PDT
Allan Ozersky
ANI Networks (formerly iVenue.com)
I'm running Win 7 (64 bit) IE 9 and don't have that issue running 13.2 build 18.41.9700.0, make sure you don't have the IE compatibility turned on.

However, you can use a telephone to record the AA prompt greeting by checking 'Allow Prompt Recording Using Telephone' and then listen to it via IE.
Jan 08, 2015 03:48 PM PST
Troy S. Choi
Alameda County Superior Court
I realize this post is more than a year old but I am seeking answer for the same problem. ST 13.2 IE 9 (32-bit/64-bit) Win7 64-bit

The button's for record/play/import were working at one point but stopped working and wondering if anyone knows the answer for this issue.

Thanks,
Apr 21, 2017 10:45 AM PDT
Collin Bourgeois
Xtelesis
The plugins need to be installed again. Open Director and go to Auto Attendant menus. Do not open a specific auto attendant menu. Instead, hold control and left click on a menu, opening it in a new tab. You should be prompted to install the active x plugin without it kicking you out. I also add the director URL to Trusted Sites and enable it in compatibility mode. This fixes issues 99% of the time.

To reply to this post please Sign In