SHORETEL IS NOW PART OF MITEL. See how powering connections in the cloud is now brilliantly simple.

Scansource complaints

Nov 10, 2013 10:13 PM PST
Troy Thompson
Allcomm Inc
As a partner reseller, we have been very unhappy with Scansource as a distributor. In the past 3 years we have been through about 4 sales representatives on their end, and each one seems to get worse. They are completely ignorant to the Shoretel product line and can't even order you a replacement handset without a quote tool. Then when you do send them a quote tool there is a 50% chance you get your order correctly and in a timely manner.

On top of that, their DOA equipment replacement policy is ridiculous. The partner is responsible for paying the return shipping of the defective equipment. If it is less than 30 days old then you can't even go through Shoretel to get your replacement, you have to wait on Scansource to process the RMA, then you are out of the shipping costs to return the equipment to them.

We have been very unsatisfied with up to this point with anyone that we have worked with at Scansource and wished that we had other options for distributors of Shoretel equipment. Has anyone else here experienced the same issues as we have?
Nov 20, 2013 02:10 AM PST
Simeon Pilipishen
DHC Communications Inc - Canada
Scansource has been an excellent distributor for us. I'm surprised that your company has had this experience. Our salesperson Garner Bass is nothing short of fantastic, he is very quick to respond at seemingly all times of the day and he never misses any details.
Nov 25, 2013 04:45 AM PST
Michael Friedkin
SoluVista
Absolutely not. I have been dealing with multiple distributors, (>15), over at least a 25 year period and Scansource rates up there as one of the very best. I have been with Scansource for over 2.5 years now and have had only one sales representative, Mimi Bond. She is extremely good, responsive and actually cares about us as a client. The entire staff at Scansource is great.

The primary reason why the 'QuoteTool' is so important is to insure that you, as the reseller, makes sure you have covered all the necessary components needed for an order, selected the correct options and most importantly have documented what exactly you are ordering so that Scansource can fulfill that order correctly, the first time. This alleviates all the problems that are encountered from 'verbally' ordering the wrong thing.

All of Scansource's policies are well documented, so their RMA process should be no surprise to anyone that reads them.

You always have the option to change your distributor of record with ShoreTel and go to Ingram Micro, but as a big customer of theirs, I have found that you are just a number to them. Credit is always an issue whereas it has never been with any other distributor we use, especially Scansource.

We am happy with Scansource, but if you are not, then I recommend instead of at first looking elsewhere, call ScanSource management and let them know of your problems and issues. I have never heard of them ignoring their customer's concerns.

To reply to this post please Sign In