SHORETEL IS NOW PART OF MITEL. See how powering connections in the cloud is now brilliantly simple.

Shoretel Emergency notification application

Apr 10, 2014 03:20 AM PDT
John Russ
Prime Line IPS
Is it possible to send calls that generate a code blue alert to an actually destination instead of just getting the message played at the route point? If it is possible, how do I do it?
Apr 14, 2014 03:20 AM PDT
MOWPIA Support AXL ECC1
ShoreTel, Inc.
Hi John,
The functionality of a Code Blue Call is very similar to that of an Emergency Call in the sense that it can alert users via phone or the Emergency Notification Client. When you want to generate a Code Blue alert you simple call the configured Route Point and users defined to receive the alert will get one.
More information is on Page 19 of the Server Installation Guide via the link below.
http://support.shoretel.com/products/applications/emergency_notification.html
Please let me know if this helps or if the request can be further clarified. Also, we are planning to release a new version of Emergency notification soon with further enhancements to the Application. Currently I do not have an ETA for it's release date.
Apr 14, 2014 03:49 AM PDT
John Russ
Prime Line IPS
I don't think I was clear enough in my question, I know how ot trigger the code blue alert, however I cant seem to figure out how to connect the call going to the code blue route point with an actual destination rather then the prerecorded message. For example: Customer has a 24HR security office and they get notified of 911 calls on campus, but they also get calls of a non emergency nature for assistance, we would like to use the code blue function for that. So when the call to the code blue route point is made I would like to forward the caller to the security office while triggering the code blue popup. when I changed the router point destination from never to an external extension, it no longer provided the code blue alert.
Apr 14, 2014 11:43 PM PDT
MOWPIA Support AXL ECC1
ShoreTel, Inc.
Hi John,

Changing the Route Point destination will not cause the application to work in the way desired. The Application essentially looks for Emergency or Code Blue calls then the Route Point places the call to the configured contact list members. The Application (route point) does not connect the party who placed the call to the notification users.

You can deploy the Client software or configure the Application to display who placed the Code Blue or Emergency call so that the Security Room knows who made the call then can return the call or go to the location (which can also be configured to show up on the notification users phone/client).
Apr 15, 2014 04:52 AM PDT
John Russ
Prime Line IPS
So if I am understanding you correctly, you are confirming that it is not possible to use the code blue functionality to alert designated users and connect a caller to the security office at the same time. I also assume that the updated version wont change this? Is there anything available to explain what the updated version will be offering? I have to say I am not really sure what use the code blue function really has beyond testing to see it work without making a 911 call.
Apr 15, 2014 05:22 AM PDT
MOWPIA Support AXL ECC1
ShoreTel, Inc.
At present time, correct. The Application is primary function
is alerting parties of important calls. The 'by-the-book' answer of
what Code Blue is used for is as follows:

Code Blue
Mode

Normally, a call to an emergency
number, typically 911, triggers the server to perform various
activities in response such as calling contacts and screen popping
clients. However, an alternative, less drastic option is provided