SHORETEL IS NOW PART OF MITEL. See how powering connections in the cloud is now brilliantly simple.

Why are the RSS feeds gone from ShoreTel Support and Forums

May 22, 2014 08:01 AM PDT
Aaron McClellan
Hay Group PA - HQ
Since the recent update to the ShoreTel website, it appears the RSS Feeds are no longer working. I use an app to check the forums and product bulletins so that I can keep up to date, now it is gone.

Is this going to be re-established?

Regards,

Aaron
May 22, 2014 08:59 AM PDT
Dennis May
Xtelesis
More importantly, why is the new support site completely impossible to navigate through? I'm searching for a KB article (KB12751) and come up with nothing. I use keywords within the KB article and nothing...are all the old documents gone forever? I foresee our TAC Utilization sky rocketing and MTTR dragging out because our support team cannot find Tech Notes and KB articles they've used in the past and will need to open a SR.

Help? Please?
May 23, 2014 11:48 AM PDT
Chad Pearson
ShoreTel, Inc.
The RSS feeds are my fault. I didn't have time to implement them yet. We almost didn't have forums at all as it was a "phase 2" item, but I managed to get the old posts migrated over the weekend so I turned it on. I'll see if I can get RSS working in the next week or so.

As for KB articles, I know the guys have been migrating over the articles one by one throughout the week, but I don't have any insight further than that. What is the name of the article? Maybe I can get them to take a look?
May 28, 2014 07:11 AM PDT
Jamie Hall
Tricom Communication Services Inc
Chad, Any chance to have the ability to list new documents by posted date? I use to do an advanced search and list by most recent so I could keep up with new documents. It's very difficult to navigate around currently and find latest build notes etc.
May 28, 2014 03:15 PM PDT
Chad Pearson
ShoreTel, Inc.
Ok, I've got RSS up and running on the forums now. There should be a link on the homepage.
May 29, 2014 08:51 AM PDT
Dennis May
Xtelesis
KB12751 "TCP Offload Engine (TOE) on Shoreware Server", can't find it anywhere. I dug through some emails and found it, but honestly, it should be available on the support site. Tried looking for it again today just to see if it's been added and nothing.
May 29, 2014 11:44 AM PDT
Chad Pearson
ShoreTel, Inc.
You're right, that article hasn't been moved over yet. I have sent it over to the Knowledge team to take a look.
Jun 03, 2014 01:00 PM PDT
Aaron McClellan
Hay Group PA - HQ
How long until the Product Bulletins get their RSS feed restored?

To reply to this post please Sign In