SHORETEL IS NOW PART OF MITEL. See how powering connections in the cloud is now brilliantly simple.

Increase/Decrease Call Profile when content is a Date

Aug 25, 2014 06:29 AM PDT
Tudor Adrian Negru
FCS Cumarasaid Teo (T/A FCS Global)
Hi all,

Have drawn up a script that captures the Date when the call hits the Contact Center and writes that down to a database. All fine and dandy here.

Problem is if I try to increase the value of the Call Profile that I'm buffering this date in, it only increases the day and messes up the format..it converts it to a single number. For example if the date is "25/08/2014" but if I pass it through the "Increase/Decrease" Call Profile block to increase by 1, it converts it to "26" so it outputs a single number instead of keeping the full date.. Do I need to parse the date, break it down and increase/decrease on the parts? Is there anyway of doing that in ECC?

Cheers!
Aug 25, 2014 11:54 AM PDT
Amanda Fagan
NB Test and Measurement
Typically when dealing with dates it is better to capture them in "Unix Time" so as to avoid differences in date formatting in different regions and time zone stuff. Unix Time is just a 32-bit integer that counts the number of seconds from Jan 1, 1970 and is universally supported by every operating system and platform I've ever come across.
Aug 25, 2014 12:45 PM PDT
Tudor Adrian Negru
FCS Cumarasaid Teo (T/A FCS Global)
Hi Amanda, Thanks for taking the time to address this. Is there a special command that I need to run in an SQL EXECUTE block or something?

The way I managed to capture the date was through the '%ACD Enter Date%' System call profile. I then run an UPDATE statement to fill it into an ACCESS database and keep it into a call profile as well..but when i try to run some logic branches which require to increment the call profile (date actually) by a certain amount it messes it up...drives me bananas.
Sep 22, 2015 01:58 PM PDT
Damian Galindo
Global CTI Group
I have done this using SQL Execute Select statement to format the date and increment it as needed. It then saves the result as another call profile. It is also beneficial to add SQL Express as an engine to allow for greater data manipulation.

To reply to this post please Sign In