SHORETEL IS NOW PART OF MITEL. See how powering connections in the cloud is now brilliantly simple.

ECC Scripting

Oct 08, 2014 11:42 AM PDT
Tom Stull
ECR International Inc
IS it possible to have a trigger that would set a flag to true or false when a agent is not available for chat?

We have the webchat and we want the chat button only to be available when a agent is logged into the chat group/que.

etas.ini I see has trigger events. HOw would I setup a trigger in this file?
Mar 17, 2015 10:47 AM PDT
Fernando Estrada
Hydraulic Supply Co
I am interested in this solution as well. No need to have the user enter the chat only to find out nobody is available. Has anyone accomplished this?
Sep 22, 2015 01:12 PM PDT
Damian Galindo
Global CTI Group
I can think of a few examples but they are not easy since most websites are hosted by an outside party it is difficult to setup a program that can modify them.

If using the triggers I could have each agent's computer loging to the ftp site, where the webpage is hosted, and place a file with their ID and status (in, out). Then using HTML the webpage can show or hide the chat link based on any agent with a status of IN. The same can be done with a dynamic site. This is run at the agent level, and if agents fail to logout or the script fails to run the web page will not update properly.

If looking for a back-end solution you would have to develop an application to use the ECC group feeds and trigger an action to either place a file or update a table on your website when agents are logged into chat groups.

To reply to this post please Sign In