SHORETEL IS NOW PART OF MITEL. See how powering connections in the cloud is now brilliantly simple.

Remove Outlook VM Integration as Default

Jan 06, 2015 12:46 PM PST
Matthew Borgert
Echo Global Logistics
Has anyone found a way to make the Outlook VM Integration not the default for new users in ShoreTel 13.3?

Additionally, is there a process to mass remove this integration from a pool of users? As far as I can tell, the only way to do this is at the user level within Communicator by uninstalling the integration (Tools --> Options --> Outlook --> Uninstall Outlook VM Integration button).

Thanks.
Mar 03, 2015 11:30 AM PST
Chris Newell
All Copy Products
Bump on this thread. I am wondering the same thing.
Mar 04, 2015 08:03 AM PST
Ari Piotrkowski
City of Santa Rosa
There is no way I have ever found to do this within the product itself which is unfortunate. What version of Outlook are you running? Outlook 2013 has some addition GPO options for controlling add-in behavior. You could create a GPO to disable the voice mail addin using this method. First you need the ADMX template files for the Office 2013 GPO. Once imported to the central store in AD you will see the option to do this under user configuration\Policies\Administrative Templates\Microsoft Outlook 2013\Miscellaneous - List of managed addins

To reply to this post please Sign In