SHORETEL IS NOW PART OF MITEL. See how powering connections in the cloud is now brilliantly simple.

agent status stuck in "inc"

Jan 15, 2015 01:18 PM PST
Mark Vawter
All-Mode Communications Inc
We are on PBX r14.2 b19.44.2503 - ECC r9 b505.5.9704...

This is a medical clinic environment with 2 groups on ECC, one is for Doctors set for higher priority at the IRN level. It is not uncommon for all agents to be busy at one time or another. Doctors have complained they do NOT want to ever be on hold. {their time is valuable don't you know ;)} What we have done is to interflow these calls back to a HG on the PBX, this HG has some of the agents as well as other non-agents. It appears that if an agent takes one of these High Priority calls via the HG they get stuck in "INC" mode per agent manager and must logout and login in order to clear and resume call handling.

Any Thoughts and Thanks in advance.
Jan 16, 2015 09:29 AM PST
Open Office
Communications Resources Incorporated aka CRI
ECC Agents should never be members of a hunt group. This will cause calls to be stuck in Communicator. Take the ECC Agents out of the Hunt Group.
Jan 20, 2015 11:58 AM PST
Mark Vawter
Exactly, my contention as well.... other than FNA and Busy on the PBX Route Point in the event ECC is down. I actually don't see the call getting held up in communicator, however it does get hung on the ECC side as I witnessed on the Agent Manager window. Agent gets stuck in "yellow/INC" state thus having to logout and login to resume call handling. Regarding the "Agent should never be a HG member"...is that in black and white via documentation?

Thanks in Advance
Jan 22, 2015 06:46 AM PST
Tyler Perez-Daple
ShoreTel, Inc.
Admin Guide, Page 44: "Note: An agent must not be configured to receive calls as a workgroup or hunt group member while logged in to ECC. An agent’s work group or hunt group activity must be limited to a backup role to be used only when ECC is unavailable. If an agent receives calls from a workgroup or hunt group while logged into ECC, unexpected results, such as calls stuck in queue, may occur."
Jan 26, 2015 06:57 AM PST
Eric Kohlmann
Brunswick Corporation - HQ
Is there an alternative? We have an emergency line that hits all phones simultaneously and bypasses call centers's routing. Is there an option in ECC to mimic a HG's functionality?
Jan 28, 2015 11:26 AM PST
Mark Vawter
Thank you Tyler. | Eric, The only thing that comes to mind would be to experiment with Priority settings in order to get those calls to the head of the line. Unless of course by "emergency" you mean life threatening emergency. The other thing you could do would be to have non-ECC members as well as agents in this HG, put all non-ECC at the top of the list, then select top/down. This hopefully will lessen the chance of your ECC agents handling these HG calls.
Jan 29, 2015 09:04 PM PST
Eric Kohlmann
Brunswick Corporation - HQ
Thank you for the ideas Mark. Although these emergencies are not of the life threatening type, these are normally emergencies where IT needs support on a problem that is causing a system or production line outage (some people would have you believe that's ALMOST as bad). I don't like sticking them in the ECC queue because it wouldn't disrupt the current call. Normally these agents (who are the only ones that take these calls) will actually put their ACD call on hold to take these. Another option suggested by our TAM is to maybe try a ring group or BCA, but there are limitations since the current hunt group also includes an analog strobe/bell (BCA's not allowed for these). I guess I'll experiment and keep digging. Worst case scenario we deal with the stuck calls and reboot Communicator as needed since we only get a couple of these a week.
Feb 03, 2015 11:09 AM PST
Ross Pickle
Synergetics DCS Inc
What version of ShoreTel and ECC are you running?
Feb 03, 2015 11:11 AM PST
Ross Pickle
Synergetics DCS Inc
There was a known issue that was resolved in 19.42.6503.0, you can also contact TAC or have Tyler get more information from SR# 00208349.

Thanks!
Feb 18, 2015 10:14 AM PST
Kenlee Brown
Utah State University - Main Campus
Just an idea, but can you create a Route Point and place it in the hunt group and set the RP to Always call forward to their phone. It may not change your results, but I have found in many cases I can trick ShoreTel by doing things like this.
Mar 27, 2015 11:18 AM PDT
Tyler Perez-Daple
ShoreTel, Inc.
Use of a RP as a hunt group member is also problematic in many cases, thus unsupported. Please refrain from this use.

"Forwarding a call in this scenario also includes the use of the No Answer, Busy, or Backup destinations. Do not use an ECC Route Point extension as a Workgroup or Hunt Group member. Refer to KB16764 on www.shoretel.com/support for additional information."

To reply to this post please Sign In